Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934

Oh that's going to be a beauty!   I have the Martini 935 (?).  built when $75 was outrageous price to pay for a kit (!).   Would loe to do another.  But probably won't due to life restraints.  

Hi all well the tamiya supplied engine is done, I've looked on line but cant find picures the throttle linkages, I will have to ask my boss if he has any references (he seems to have an know anything Porsche related (hes an advisor on several official Porsche boards and is highly respected for his knowledge))started the decals, which are great but, the ones round the grill are really hard especially the ones around the square cut outs (if I could have guaranteed the colour match it would have been far and away easier to mask and spray it.

IMG-3557.jpg
IMG-3555.jpg
IMG-3556.jpg
IMG-3558.jpg
IMG-3553.jpg
IMG-3554.jpg
IMG-3552.jpg

IMG-3561.jpg
IMG-3562.jpg
IMG-3560.jpg

Ps I've barely started the decals (what ever happened to the English version (which I much preferred transfers) decals, where did that even come from you transfer the image from one place to another what you de (cant even think where cal fits in) sorry rant over, I just dont understand it.

Wish I'd used mrmikes ideas with the pencil on seam lines "before  I sprayed the body" still its locked in for future reference.

Done some work on the fuel tank. a word of caution to anyone building this kit. When it comes to mounting the oil tank, on page one of the instructions it tells you to attach the mount for the oil tank, unless you skip ahead and build the oil tank first dont attach the mount in the first picture the bracket on the left had side is for the oil tank (the shelf with the oblong rail coming out from the side.

IMG-3581.jpg

The steel pipe laying on its side next to it in the next pic goes into the tank and then into a hole in the bulkhead.

IMG-3585.jpg

In the position of the next picture.

IMG-3580.jpg

Here is a picture of the oil tank in position

IMG-3583.jpg

Getting that pipe into the hole in the bulkhead and into the hole in the oil tank with that bracket in place is impossible (on this model of course that bracket was well and truly stuck) so I cut that rail off in order to get that pipe in then glued it back on again.

A better option would have been to attach the bracket and tank with the pipe on at the same time.

Here are some pics of the fuel tank.

IMG-3575.jpg
IMG-3576.jpg

Hi all bought a mirror to mount the 934 on will have the car on axle stands with the engine alongside it, not sure whether to have the tyres stacked or arranged around it, also thinking of putting 2 walls up around it with pictures of the car racing on them I'm going for a look of it being in a museum display.
Any suggestions welcome.

IMG-3637.jpg
IMG-3633.jpg
IMG-3632.jpg

IMG-3636.jpg
IMG-3634.jpg
IMG-3635.jpg

Hi all made a start on the axle stands but had a major set back on the bodywork looked great till I clear coated it and it went matt (strange as I sprayed the bonnet and wings exactly the same way and they are nice and glossy)

I decanted the laquer out of the can and sprayed it through my air brush, the only difference being I sprayed the body this morning (it rained over night) I sprayed the bonnet and wings during the day in the sun (i wonder if it was damp and it has bloomed)

IMG-3656.jpg

IMG-3657.jpg
IMG-3658.jpg
IMG-3659.jpg

IMG-3660.jpg
IMG-3661.jpg
IMG-3662.jpg

I think it looks like blooming or blusing or whatever a peson calls it. Scary with the decals applied.  I'm never that brave.  Unless using enamle clear which rarely ever does anything weird.    I hope you get it fixed.  

Hi all I decided to add the brake pipes to this kit and was going to use wire but then realised that the working steering and suspension wouldn't work so I added the bracket to  the suspension leg and then added a flexible hose from that. Should I mention this was my third attempt(no ones perfect)

IMG-3676.jpg

IMG-3678.jpg
IMG-3677.jpg

IMG-3674.jpg
IMG-3673.jpg
IMG-3675.jpg

Ok so I need something on the tool chest but most of the car is built so not much choice but the rear suspension, problem is the spring plate is moulded integral with the suspension arm (on the car if you were working on the suspension arm you would have left the spring plate on ) so I cut it off and made a new spring plate separate to put on the car (still got to make the casters for the tool chest)

IMG-3732.jpg

IMG-3734.jpg

IMG-3738.jpg
IMG-3735.jpg
IMG-3737.jpg
IMG-3736.jpg

Damaged the roof and had to respray the whole thing again (if the rest of the masking comes off like this I think I got away with it)
Cut some of the tiles away from the edge to give a bit more room to display things.
IMG-3755.jpg
IMG-3757.jpg
IMG-3756.jpg