Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Ford Mustang GT4

This is the first of 4 of these kits that I have to build. The kit builds very well , with planned instructions. Follow the build sequence in some areas . On the nose I put the lower dive planes on before the vertical ones. Made for a better fit. The color is a Tamiya bright Red over pink primer. The decals are from Indycals. They are super thin and need to be floated on. I found by putting a bit of dish detergent in the water it helped them slide. All the graphics are decals including the black and white areas. If you look in the wip section you will see the interior. It’s wired and has belts added. Carbon is a mix of Tamiya and Scale Motorsports. Then has semi gloss or flat clear added. Need to add the support bars and adjusters on the nose. Waiting for the wire to show up. I will post a few better ones from outside 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Fantastic looking model. This may be the kit of the year !!??

10 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Turned out fantastic Tim,  followed your work in WIP, now I can't wait to get started on mine.

10 hours ago, stinkybritches said:

Looks so nice.

Thank you everyone 

It's a beautiful build, but you need to fire your pit crew. The tires are on the wrong side of the car by their markings......

So many fantastic builds of this kit. It makes me want to go out and get a few more.

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

It's a beautiful build, but you need to fire your pit crew. The tires are on the wrong side of the car by their markings......

So many fantastic builds of this kit. It makes me want to go out and get a few more.

Thanks for pointing that out .. didn’t notice