Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amazing work! Having just built one of these myself I can see how many changes you've made, it's interesting to see how two different builds can go when starting with exactly the same kit.

For anyone who doesn't appreciate how much effort has gone into this, it would be worth looking at my much more standard example:

Then doing a bit of compare and contrast. Look at the work on the rear chassis for example, to give it IRS and fit those wide rear tyres, and an air tank?

In real life these things are very light, I think my saloon weighs around 700kg. The thought of a modern twin-turbo 3.8-litre engine powering it is a bit of an eye-opener.....

• 2 months later...

Hi Luke, I have been thinking about buying one of these trucks to do something similar to what you have done. Now, I have to buy one! Super cool build, and very well executed. I wasn’t aware of the wide body kit, that’s a game changer. I have a Subaru Brat that I also want to do in a similar way, might start with that... Thanks for the inspiration, and sharing a very nice build.

Cheers, Steve