Model Cars Magazine Forum

I really liked this kit.  I think that it would be a good beginner kit for someone to get into the hobby.  Not an overwhelming amount of parts.  Fit was fairly decent and the subject is actually pretty big in this scale.  The only drawback was the warped body.  It really hurt my feelings when the final assembly steps required me almost breaking the body to get it to fit, and it still didn't fit correctly.  However, I might even buy this kit again and give it another shot.  Paint was rattle can, calling it my "FSU (Forida State University) Special."  Windows were dipped in acrylic floor finish.  I actually waxed it with turtle wax.  I did finally invest in a sanding kit, so one of these days, I am going to get this paint stuff correct.  Let me know what you think.

20200616_135923.jpg

20200616_135933.jpg

20200616_140003.jpg

20200616_140013.jpg

20200616_140028.jpg

20200616_140214.jpg

20200616_140251.jpg

20200616_140320.jpg

20200616_140408.jpg

2 hours ago, Husky1943 said:

Thanks everybody!  I really did learn a lot, and realized all the mistakes (especially after taking the photos).  

Photos are your friend! I take pictures at every stage of the process as a tool to spot issues while I can still fix them! 

image.jpeg.0d0ac6aa2ce52a869c326fa2d74422b5.jpeg

In the spirit of better models, here’s a suggestion... the same flat black that you used on the chassis can be used up in the front wheel wells and inside of the body. Take your spray can and spray a little paint into a paper cup. Then you can carefully brush it on.  I do this kind of brush touch ups all the time

Considering the issues with this kit, not a bad result. Practice and patience are the two things I have to remind myself of when building and they go a long way towards building nicer models.

Keep at it, the next one will be better than the last one!

Tom, thanks for the tip!  It was a little embarrassing that I only noticed the white wheel wells after I posted the photos.  Thanks thatz4u.  I thought I did a better job than I actually did.  Just have to keep pushing.  Thanks Goose.  The trim is actually muffler tape (not the fiberglass type, but the metal adhesive type).  I like it more than bare metal foil.  Mike, thanks a lot.  I really do have to remind myself about being patient. I try to keep saying, "it's the building that's fun, not necessarily the result."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Carl!  I am hoping to do it again in the future, and the next time I can really going to check the fit and close out the underside.  I mean, I would really like to try and super-detail it (as much as my talent allows).  I really liked the kit.