Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Bat-Pod from "The Dark Knight" movie by Moebius Models.

BatPod_00.jpg.eff22a0214975d97c7b9fab5ce0aa16a.jpg

It's a rather simple kit, not much more work than building a fairly detailed engine for a scale automobile. Painting and building these three sub-assemblies took me about six hours. This should be a rather quick build.
BatPod_01.jpg.a0382e2e8e72ece3b9405eec960dc160.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look and please feel free to leave a comment.
David G.

Edited by David G.
typo

If you're ever in the mood for a quick build, this Bat-Pod would be a great choice.

I now have all the sub-assemblies assembled.

BatPod_03.jpg.ba1960b60ffd1aa845c1d73eb4293767.jpg

Next up is building and attaching the handle bar units and then some weathering and detailing.

BatPod_02.jpg.6c8ef767e81d45fb4bb811982187d183.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time to look.

David G.

I have mounted the "handlebars". This completes the construction of the basic kit. But I'm sure you know I'm not going to stop here.

BatPod_04.jpg.f414ee05d8fa9d9259ee7ec177be853c.jpg

I plan to add a few extra details and do a bit more weathering just for the sake visual interest.

BatPod_05.jpg.b69715a588dd06f1f5e9f7ab5469f117.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time t look and please always feel free to comment.

David G.

• 4 weeks later...

Great! I built one of these last year. I had to email the supplier as the tyres were hard, (plastic?) so wouldn't fit the wheels. Didn't hear anything for 3 months! In the meantime I put some thick rubber gloves on and dropped the tyres into some hot water to soften them up and hey presto they fitted.

When the spare tyres finally came they were so soft as if made of a totally different rubber!

On 7/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, PatW said:

Great! I built one of these last year. I had to email the supplier as the tyres were hard, (plastic?) so wouldn't fit the wheels. Didn't hear anything for 3 months! In the meantime I put some thick rubber gloves on and dropped the tyres into some hot water to soften them up and hey presto they fitted.

When the spare tyres finally came they were so soft as if made of a totally different rubber!

Thank you for your comment.

I had an issue with one of the tires on this kit as well. 

In the last photo above you may have noticed that the front tire has a casting flaw. I decided to go with it as I was planning to weather the vehicle anyway and regard the flaw as a tire scuff from some hard use.

Thanks again,

David G.

5 hours ago, David G. said:

Thank you for your comment.

I had an issue with one of the tires on this kit as well. 

In the last photo above you may have noticed that the front tire has a casting flaw. I decided to go with it as I was planning to weather the vehicle anyway and regard the flaw as a tire scuff from some hard use.

Thanks again,

David G.

Yes David, the casting flaw is on mine as well!

9 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I almost picked one of these up a few years ago. After looking at yours I should have. 

They're still out there. I bought this one a couple months ago at my LHS.

My only hesitation is that it's priced close to a standard 1:25 auto kit and there's not much to it. There aren't any more parts to this than there are in a well detailed engine in a 1:25 car kit.

It's a nice kit but I would have felt more comfortable buying it at a $15 price point than the $25 I shelled out for it.

David G.

• David G. changed the title to The Bat-Pod: WIP