Model Cars Magazine Forum

T.V. car/truck goofs. Mistakes Ect....

2 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

What the grey hot rod/Jeep thing?

Thanks

steve

It's a very shortened 1949 Plymouth convertible. Typical dune buggy from before they were all VWs. See also the cut-down '39 Plymouth in Eegah!.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

4 hours ago, espo said:

Have you ever been to Palm Springs in the Summer ??  Trust me you wouldn't be wearing driving gloves or a coat of any kind.  

Many many times. Of course, the movie is set during spring break, after which they roll up the sidewalks, the locals hunker inside with A/C or swamp coolers at full tilt, and the snowbirds head back to Canada until the fall.

23 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

It's a very shortened 1949 Plymouth convertible. Typical dune buggy from before they were all VWs. See also the cut-down '39 Plymouth in Eegah!.

Here's the Eegah-Mobile.

eegah-dune-buggy-vs-caveman.jpg

Indeed it is a '55, at first glance all I noticed was that it had it's emblems shaved and was wearing custom Caddy hubcaps, plus the second full front view didn't show up when I first viewed the post. It's interesting to note that car was used in the storyline about why Chevy needed a V8, the timeline was 1953 at this point. Plus if memory serves me there was a '57 or '58 Cadillac parked behind it at one point during the vignette. You can just make out the windshield in the screenshot.

Edited by Phirewriter

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first half of The Highwaymen, Netflix movie about Bonnie & Clyde. It takes place in 1934. Quite a few Model A sedans and trucks, many of which are VERY worn and even derelict. Dahell?  :wacko: The oldest of these would have been, what, six years old? Some of them look as you might expect to see them in the '50s or '60s. 

Another goof that bugged me: The John Wayne movie McQ had a real good chase scene, including the first onscreen use of a rollover cannon. Right at the end McQ's Plymouth and the baddies' Caddy come to a halt, with the Cadillac pointing out to sea:

183511086_mcqgoof-01.jpg.57753d7edc51c325a58e32e6b0524c9f.jpg

And in the next shot:

1537384168_mcqgoof-02.jpg.bcccc6e187b3d2cf8085caecf8c1ffc7.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I enjoy catching these things.  My family thinks i'm nuts for noticing.  A few that come to mind:

The Last Boy Scout - 1988 or newer mustang convertible gets blown up.  When it explodes, it's clearly an earlier 4-eyed model.

Happy Days - Fonzie finds a haunted '55 chevy and works on it in his shop. It's a '51 or '53 (been a while since I saw it) with a '55 hood ornament

CHiPs - Ponch's gold firebird changes years and equipment throughout the course of the show.  

1 minute ago, JJ Deuce said:

Happy Days - Fonzie finds a haunted '55 chevy and works on it in his shop. It's a '51 or '53 (been a while since I saw it) with a '55 hood ornament

'53 - one restored convertible, and one derelict sedan with the roof sawed off as the "before" car.

3 hours ago, Draggon said:

I saw an episode of Cannon recently. The bad guy took off in a T-Bird, his tire went flat and he flipped over--in a Maverick.

They were on kind of a tight production budget. I wonder which employee was looking for a new car after that episode.