Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 Honda Today

Italianhorses

Came out very nice.  Proper model room, very nice display cabinet.  The BMW art cars, I saw a Warhol decal for the M1 somewhere on Facebook, lost track, but seller is in England, and resin parts I didn't want were part of the deal.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:27 PM, jchrisf said:

That is a great setup.. very nice!  I've never seen one better... I'm assuming you custom built those display cabinets?

Thank you - those are Ikea cabinets. Billy, I believe.

On 7/5/2020 at 6:08 PM, TimJ said:

Great job on the little Honda and a very impressive display set up you've got there. 

thanks!

On 7/6/2020 at 12:04 AM, 89AKurt said:

Came out very nice.  Proper model room, very nice display cabinet.  The BMW art cars, I saw a Warhol decal for the M1 somewhere on Facebook, lost track, but seller is in England, and resin parts I didn't want were part of the deal.

Thanks! Warhol car - if you ever decide to build one, I think decal Doc has the decals - but I would rather try to paint it freehand, like Andy did ?

A very cool little build. As u said, a kit for the Tamiya domestic market. We’ve never seen this one in person in the USA. But as these cars are getting older and able to come in as exempt antiqued, we are seeing the odd Japanese market cars.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:25 PM, Funkychiken said:

A really prosperous lock down! All your recent Tamiya builds have been a joy to follow!

Your car collection is German heavy but looks stunning!

Haha, German-heavy....Its more like BMW collection than a collection - 99% are bimmers. I'm a big BMW fan, diecast and real life.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:27 AM, beeRS said:

Well done of finishing another fine Tamiya. Your model collection and displays are truely enviable.

Thank you!

On 7/8/2020 at 2:20 PM, Tom Geiger said:

A very cool little build. As u said, a kit for the Tamiya domestic market. We’ve never seen this one in person in the USA. But as these cars are getting older and able to come in as exempt antiqued, we are seeing the odd Japanese market cars.

A lot of JDM cars are very cool. This one is more quirky than cool :)

On 7/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, shucky said:

Great pictures and super clean build. Very nice!

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Alex, wonderful work, it feels nice to complete a simple curbside slump buster to generate some momentum, doesn't it?

I figured you had a pretty large collection from the Italian Horses days, but wow!! One reason I held myself from getting into 1:18 diecast was that I knew this could happen. Its too easy to buy them, whereas collecting models slow you down at least a little bit. At least as long as I keep lying to myself that I am eventually going to build everything in my collection.

Thanks for sharing your build, techniques, and your model room - very inspiring!!   

On 7/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, Tom Geiger said:

There’s a Nissan Figaro in South River NJ. Did a double take when I passed it!

Ha, those are pretty funny looking cars!

On 7/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, tmathew1us said:

Alex, wonderful work, it feels nice to complete a simple curbside slump buster to generate some momentum, doesn't it?

I figured you had a pretty large collection from the Italian Horses days, but wow!! One reason I held myself from getting into 1:18 diecast was that I knew this could happen. Its too easy to buy them, whereas collecting models slow you down at least a little bit. At least as long as I keep lying to myself that I am eventually going to build everything in my collection.

Thanks for sharing your build, techniques, and your model room - very inspiring!!   

Yup, that 's for sure. I don't even know what happened there.... :)

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Dominik said:

totally agreed. 

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 9:15 PM, CabDriver said:

I never saw this kit, or this 1:1 before.  Interesting!

I always wondered with these motorized kits how fast they are - I’d be terrified to ever let it go anywhere and be able to catch it again before it smashed itself up! ?

I don’t think any of those ever made it to the States when new, but they have to be getting old enough for the Radwood, Japanese Import scene guys, or just odd ball guys like Jalopnik’s Jason Torchinski to import to the U.S. by now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I find it amusing that this car is still a part of Tamiya's "1/24 sports car series."

Another stunning paintjob.

Their Jeep Wrangler kits are also in that series. ?

I just finished one of these over the weekend. What are the odds?