Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevelle SS

Metalmad

21 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

It was released in Revell packaging a lot less than 40 years ago. 

The 68/69 GTO was developed by Monogram around 40 years ago.  Different management and development processes than what the Revell of today has...so really, no correlation. 

Edited by Rob Hall

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

The 68/69 GTO was developed by Monogram in the early 80s.  Different management and no relation to Revell of today. 

Just now, Rob Hall said:

Which means nothing, the 68/69 GTO was developed by Monogram around 40 years ago.  Different management and development processes than what the Revell of today has.

Yea, OK, I get it. 

What do you want? 

I still have time to go back and delete my post if you like?

2 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Yea, OK, I get it. 

What do you want? 

I still have time to go back and delete my post if you like?

I can't seem to delete my duplicate post.  The forums don't seem to allow deleting posts..the formatting ended up weird when I quoted your post the first time.

Edited by Rob Hall

2 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I can't seem to delete my duplicate post.  The forums don't seem to allow deleting posts..the formatting ended up weird when I quoted your post the first time.

Let's just drop it, shall we? ??

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

I wonder what they're gonna do about the rear 1/4 panels where they meet the ends of the rear bumper.

The '68 bumper is cut on a slant while the '69 is pretty well strait up and down and the 1/4 panels reflect that.

New body or change that area on the 1/4 panel? 

PS, just checked out the review video on the SA magazine website and they say new body ,,, but they also said the fresh air vents on the interior kick panels were speakers so ???

Where is this review? I can't find it anywhere on SA site.

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

All you need to do one would be the decals from a Yenko Camaro, air cleaner decals, and possibly wheels. And it's possible Yenko set some loose with the standard Magnum 500 wheels, I just can't remember specifically seeing one that way, I'd have to recheck refs. 

Oh yeah, you'll need to remove all the SS emblems, but that's not a huge deal. 

Just did a quick ref check, couldn't find one Yenko Chevelle with the standard 14" Magnum 500s. They all seemed to have either the 15x7 Rallys (included with COPO 9737) or Atlas mags (American TT knockoffs). 

11 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Just did a quick ref check, couldn't find one Yenko Chevelle with the standard 14" Magnum 500s. They all seemed to have either the 15x7 Rallys (included with COPO 9737) or Atlas mags (American TT knockoffs). 

The Yenko package also seemed to include a rear spoiler.

1969-chevrolet-chevelle-yenko_6839.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

The Yenko package also seemed to include a rear spoiler.

1969-chevrolet-chevelle-yenko_6839.jpg

I don't believe it did. That seems to be an afterthought add-on. Just google-imaged and every one I saw with that spoiler was a picture of that specific car. 

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I don't believe it did. That seems to be an afterthought add-on. Just google-imaged and every one I saw with that spoiler was a picture of that specific car. 

Could be a one-off..who knows, things done by dealers and aftermarket tuners seem like they were more variable in olden days..

Edited by Rob Hall

34 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

That's a '69 Camaro spoiler. Doesn't look like it fits very well, does it?

And, yea, I've only seen it on that car also ,, and only in the last couple years. 

32 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Could be a one-off..who knows, things done by dealers and aftermarket tuners seem like they were more variable in olden days..

Or could be owner installed. 

I've noticed those Camaro spoilers showing up on Novas lately too.

44 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

True in most cases, but the '69 Yenkos were pretty much standardized. About all Yenko did to the Camaros, for example, was add decals and emblems, and in many cases the Atlas wheels. Everything else came right from the factory under COPOs 9561 and 9737. 

7 hours ago, Can-Con said:

That's a '69 Camaro spoiler. Doesn't look like it fits very well, does it?

And, yea, I've only seen it on that car also ,, and only in the last couple years. 

Yeah, that is pretty horrendous, isn't it.

Hmmm, too short and doesn't fit the contours of the rear quarter panel or trunk lid.

Looks great! Throw it on! <_<

Steve

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Yeah, that is pretty horrendous, isn't it.

Hmmm, too short and doesn't fit the contours of the rear quarter panel or trunk lid.

Looks great! Throw it on! <_<

Steve

Hey, it only took six tubes of Krazy Glue to get that sucker to stick!

This picture of the Chevelle with the added '69 Camaro spoiler. In the 1:1 world the '69 Camaro spoiler is wider than the '68 version. I don't know right off what we have to work with in 1/24th & 1/25th but it maybe that the narrower '68 spoiler, if done to scale, might fit better for those who want to do this type of build. 

After watching the video I kinda wish there was some focus on the rear tail lights considering this has been a disappointing feature in past iterations of this kit. I had a hard time telling if it was better, worse or “meh”.  Does anyone have more info on this? I’d like to get one of these kits but I’ve got a few of the older versions with the lumps of plastic tail lights already 

Just saw the other thread by “Casey” on this same subject! Answered my question! Much better!

Edited by JohnU
Update

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

After watching the video I kinda wish there was some focus on the rear tail lights considering this has been a disappointing feature in past iterations of this kit. I had a hard time telling if it was better, worse or “meh”.  Does anyone have more info on this?

From what I can see, they're WAY better than all the backbirth AMT reissues, but probably not as good as the original AMT annual pieces. 

RE : Tail Lamps , newly-tooled 1969 Chevelle SS-396

The only thing that I noticed is , "Where are the integral back-up lamps ?"  . 

P.S. : Revell , would you please see to it to make a TH-400 for your otherwise-great Mark IV engines ? Enough with the 4-speeds already . Thanks .