Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang ll Mach 1

cobraman

While cruising the bay a couple weeks ago I came across this kit . The box art depicted a Mustang just like the one I bought new in 74 . I bought it thinking I would build a replica of that car . I should have just bought an AMT kit . This kit was/is a real turd ( can I say that ? ) . It’s a curbside which I knew but there is no interior side door panels , no rear seat . Looks like there was a version with an electric motor . Anyway I got a little annoyed with it about half way through and just rushed to finish it and it shows . Anyway , here it is ! 

87861BB2-BC02-47B4-8239-4941799F7689.jpeg

1962BC13-04A6-4C36-AB05-EBB6ECA12A3D.jpeg

987FC5A4-65E6-481E-9222-61797A86FCB2.jpeg

Those 70's era ENTEX kits are always a gamble. When they were sold in Woolco stores for $2 the gamble was not as bad but I got burnt many times. Many of the kits said 1/25 but were 1/28!!!! Others are bodies with a power chassis like yours....good as it can look!! 

It’s too bad about the interior but it is surprising Entex did a Mustang II but skipped so many other American cars that would be more popular to modelers.  It was a great seller car for the 70’s compared to say the “big” Mustangs like the one I could not resist buying as a used car in 1976.  Nice job by the way - it’s always cool to have a model of a car you owned.

Hey, I have one of those. Bought it several years ago at a club meet thinking I was going to use it for a slotcat body. It seemed like a good candidate as it was light and didn't have a lot of extra stuff on it. Now, I'm kinda out of racing and not sure what I was going to do with it. I think you inspired me to build it now as your's turned out very well. You made it look like it's a lot more than it actually is. Good job.

Jeff

I have actually seen so few Mustang II kits built what are the chances of two red Mach1’s in the same thread.  I am sure most of have built “bad” kits but sometimes you have to delve into that dark world to appreciate the good kits. ?

33205904-789C-478B-8BCA-437C552FE8E6.jpeg

417F6A5B-C751-4040-930F-3DA50A87D32A.jpeg

9DDEA4A8-DE59-43D1-97A8-7F727AF37B04.jpeg

AC65AFF0-9D81-4970-B4D7-9EA18C674D64.jpeg