Model Cars Magazine Forum

My recent builds (New member:)

doorsovdoon

Hi guys, hope everyone is well. I'm a new member to the forum and I'm already blown away by some of the builds I've seen so far, I'm already getting ideas on future builds! I have a 1962 Buick Electra in the works and can't wait to post updates on that when I get started. Here's some pictures of my builds I've done over the last month or so and even got my teenage son into this hobby after he seen the finished results:D I know my builds aren't perfect so criticism is always welcome, it makes for better builds in the future:)

20200429_211522.JPG

20200702_160330.JPG

20200702_160404.JPG

20200702_160458.JPG

20200702_160622.JPG

20200702_160804.JPG

20200702_161148.JPG

20200702_161351.JPG

20200703_152227.JPG

Thanks, guys. The Cyclone and Taxi are two of my favourites. The Cyclone was meant to be stock but I have a habit of having an idea half way through a build, Lol. The last kit I built was the Ghostbusters Ecto 1A in the early 90's, so it's been a while. I built it up as an ambulance, or tried to, as I didn't have the right parts. It basically looked like a stripped down Ecto 1, xD None of my builds from then survive unfortunately, but I do plan on getting my first ever kit, a 1969 Oldsmobile 442.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, they are pretty much all showroom stock. It's not something I stubbornly stick to, I'd like to do weathering, rusting etc but I'm not brave enough to venture there yet as I'm still relatively new to this. My most adventurous build was the Cyclone with the raised rear leaf springs, that and a custom steering wheel is all I did and I was nervous doing just those, lol. I had fun building that one though and definitely want to do another, maybe with a blower sticking out of the hood. I wasn't confident enough to do that with this Cyclone.