Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Craftsman 63 Chevy II station wagon and Cal drag combo with 64 Galaxie, Falcon funny car and trailer to be released.

GMP440

On 7/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, mopargreg said:

Im glad this is coming out. I kind of wish Round 2 would sell the trailer by itself. I have been looking for the trailer for a while without buying whole kits to build Richard Petty's Hauler & trailer setup from 1970. 

The Ertl Blueprinter Service Trailer was available by itself:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-Ertl-Service-Trailer-Plastic-Model-Kit-8054-9130-Blueprinter-Vintage-1-25-Sc-/264802624020?epid=1120184584&hash=item3da7776214%3Ag%3AOAYAAOSwGhVfFfqM&nma=true&si=yaicZ%2BBXT0wLimCZ2kxFsuAT0aI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ebst.jpg.6c43a951ccf850beda264e2c8cf59d99.jpg

14 hours ago, mopargreg said:

Great thanks for that. Ill look out for one. That one is now sold

I didn't want to post an active listing, but, they are available from a several sources, for various prices.

I would wait until this combo kit is about to drop, post a Wanted ad here on the forum to let people know you're looking for one (or more), then wait.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, mopargreg said:

Im glad this is coming out. I kind of wish Round 2 would sell the trailer by itself. I have been looking for the trailer for a while without buying whole kits to build Richard Petty's Hauler & trailer setup from 1970. 

I know what you mean. Years ago, I bought the AMT / Model King Bronco/trailer/Cougar F/C set just to get the Bronco. They issued the Cougar separately. So, I thought they would do the same with the Bronco. But, no. I had to buy the whole set and got stuck with a F/C and trailer that I have no use for. At the time, I couldn't get rid of them as people already had one or could get the Cougar alone.

I really hope the wagon doesn’t come with a trailer and the AWB Nova. If it does, it'll probably come at a price that I won't be willing to give just to get it. Hopefully an eBay seller will bust them up and sell them separately.  

55 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I really hope the wagon doesn’t come with a trailer and the AWB Nova. If it does, it'll probably come at a price that I won't be willing to give just to get it. Hopefully an eBay seller will bust them up and sell them separately.  

It's just the wagon. Looking at the price list the Chevy II is $31, and the Falcon Drag Race set is $72.

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I know what you mean. Years ago, I bought the AMT / Model King Bronco/trailer/Cougar F/C set just to get the Bronco. They issued the Cougar separately. So, I thought they would do the same with the Bronco. But, no. I had to buy the whole set and got stuck with a F/C and trailer that I have no use for. At the time, I couldn't get rid of them as people already had one or could get the Cougar alone.

Don't forget to add the shipping costs in this equation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 10:54 AM, Plowboy said:

Somebody will bust the set up on EBay!

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, Buzzman83 said:

I have an original I'm looking to sell with the box.  Nova wagon and trailer. The Chevy 2 is missing.  Any idea on a fair price? I would like to sell.  Thanks 

15979432913581928948124.jpg

1597943354224931486534.jpg

1597943445742416660670.jpg

I would say, hurry up and sell it before the reissue comes out.  Put it on ebay with a reserve of at least $150 and see where it goes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 6:00 PM, Casey said:

Wasn't this the trailer that was included in the '76 Caprice, or very similar?

Charlie Larkin