Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Chevy Wedge Racer's Wedge release announced.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!  I have an original Racers Wedge mint in the box.  My grand parents were famous in our family for buying Christmas gifts on sale all year long and hiding them in their basement.

Early in my stint as a adult modeler, I went to their house for dinner and told them I was building model cars. My grandfather had been cleaning 50 years of basement and said he had found a model. He came back upstairs with a sealed Racers Wedge kit!  No doubt bought for me when I was 12!

It was worth more then than it is now and our local model dealer tried to talk me out of it, but nothing doing! It was a gift from my grandpa! Still have it. 

On 7/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, Luc Janssens said:

When entering a partnership with Italeri one could even co-design kits, like for instance, when designing a certain gen pickup/SUV for the N/A market, and 1/35th version could be co-designed thus spreading the development costs on two totally different product lines...

th?id=OIP.AC5wexk3ndLAsfhxMmUeIAHaEM&pid=Api&P=0&w=288&h=164

th?id=OIP.-SKaZCjhH58WrN1q1OdkSwHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=217&h=163

Great idea.  Military modelers would kill for a reasonably priced 1/35 scale CUCV in plastic.  The only CUCV kits available in that scale right now are resin, from Miniman Factory. They're priced at 75 Euros.  That's an unusual company that does all sorts of oddball military kits.  Like the huge M911 Heavy Equipment Transporter (HET) in 1/24 scale (!!!), and a 1/25 scale kit of the big Russian KRaZ 255B truck. 

http://www.minimanfactory.com/

cucv.jpg

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, slusher said:

Wow, does the truck come with it...?

Yes, the truck comes with the wedge.  I contacted Round 2 about 2 months ago asking that question.  They stated the kit will consist of the long bed truck and wedge.  Excellant news I think.

4 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Yes, the truck comes with the wedge.  I contacted Round 2 about 2 months ago asking that question.  They stated the kit will consist of the long bed truck and wedge.  Excellant news I think.

Yes, excellent news, thanks!

• 1 month later...

https://round2corp.com/product/mpc-1972-chevy-racers-wedge-pick-up-125-scale-model-kit/

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: MPC’s 1/25 scale 1972 Chevy Pickup with Racer’s Wedge body options has been requested by modelers and now it’s back! It’s designed for the intermediate modeler, but like all MPC kits has enough detail to satisfy even the most seasoned model builder!

FEATURE PACKED: All parts are included to build this exciting kit one of TWO ways: A beautiful factory stock replica of the 1972 Chevy Cheyenne pickup, or the car-hauling Racer’s Wedge ramp truck! Options include stock or open wheels, whitewall-striped tires, and many accessory display parts for the Racer’s Wedge version! It also features a huge decal sheet with plenty of colorful graphics to decorate the finished model!

MPC885-Racers-Wedge-Chevy-Pickup-HI-RES.jpg.57a3a43dc28acc8d1c4ee3aa83a9df28.jpg

On 8/21/2020 at 12:54 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Cool!  I have an original Racers Wedge mint in the box.  My grand parents were famous in our family for buying Christmas gifts on sale all year long and hiding them in their basement.

Early in my stint as a adult modeler, I went to their house for dinner and told them I was building model cars. My grandfather had been cleaning 50 years of basement and said he had found a model. He came back upstairs with a sealed Racers Wedge kit!  No doubt bought for me when I was 12!

It was worth more then than it is now and our local model dealer tried to talk me out of it, but nothing doing! It was a gift from my grandpa! Still have it. 

Awesome story. No doubt it's in better hands now then it would've been to a 12 year old.

• 1 month later...