Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 GMC Jimmy Re-issue

This is thread just for the new GMC Jimmy kit.

I'm excited about this kit. I'm hoping that the Soft-top and Mini-bike will be included in this kit. The Mini-bike was just out, in the '86 El Camino kit, so it's available. The GMC headlight lenses are still on the clear sprue. I'd really like to see the dual carb intake that was in the very first, (1970 Chevy Blazer) release of the kit. Both Air Cleaners for this option are still on the Chrome tree, and the Chromed "Buzzard Bar", from that first issue, come back too. I doubt that they will come back, but i can always hope.

Lastly, now I can build a copy of the Sheriff's Jimmy, from the "Milagro Beanfield War". One of my favorite movies.

Edited by alexis

There's nothing quite like smoking all four tires when 4WD is engaged. ?

AMTGMCJimmy1.jpg.4882e44272698a87daa07e099894fb34.jpg

It'll be interesting to see exactly what is included and what is different, content-wise, from previous releases. Maybe the mini bike and rear bumper carrier from the Bushwacker! version will be included?:

AMTBushwacker.jpg.b83d47422f23c25e5856f54fa0d51dcf.jpg

AMTBushwacker2.jpg.73eeb9ceee2147a7cdf0a7fa99347b27.jpg

I remember building this kit as a kid and liking it.  Years later, I tried to find another one through the usual sources, but couldn't justify paying what sellers were asking for it. 

Never thought I'd see it released again, but I'm happy to know it'll be back soon. 

Anybody know if it has the same wheel issue as the Blazer kit (5-lug wheels on one axle & 6-lug wheels on the other)? 

On 7/9/2020 at 11:35 PM, Monty said:

Anybody got a release date?  I didn't see anything on Round 2's site about it.  

Tower Hobbies shows "order pending" and past experience has shown that to mean typically 90 days, give or take.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I can almost guarantee you that this is just the AMT/Round 2  Crew Chief blazer with different decals and box art.

That would make no sense.  Much of the tooling is the same, but the Jimmy does have some unique parts such the grille...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, alexis said:

Bring it on. I have fond Hopes that the Mini Bike will be in the kit.

I don't think it will be, as the original didn't include it, either.

Now, as for four slicks being included, we shall see. Perhaps those Gates Commando XT tires are stickier than we all suspected after a burnout and a few dry hops. ?