Model Cars Magazine Forum

New from Ebbro (Coming soon)

GeeBee

That's a new one to me, thanks.  Lots of possibilities:  pre-WWII or early war American, Lend-Lease British or Russian, etc. 

For building ideas:  MiniArt did a whole series of Bantam BRC-40's in 1/35 scale, some with figures and some without. Their Russian version even included a female traffic cop.

bantam-1.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

This has a lot of possibilities. I remember a TV Sow from long ago set in WW II on the Sahara Desert that I think was called "Rat Patrol". They had a 50 Cal. mounted on a tripod of some sort with a standing Gunner in the back. They would do hit and run raids and then go hide in the desert.    

8 minutes ago, espo said:

This has a lot of possibilities. I remember a TV Sow from long ago set in WW II on the Sahara Desert that I think was called "Rat Patrol". They had a 50 Cal. mounted on a tripod of some sort with a standing Gunner in the back. They would do hit and run raids and then go hide in the desert.    

If you want a 50 Cal. IIRC one of the Hasegawa Willy's Jeeps has one

1 minute ago, SfanGoch said:

"Rat Patrol" can be seen Saturday nights 10-11 P.M. on Heroes & Icons Channel. The jeeps used in the show were Willys MBs, not BRC 40s. BRC 40s were only used by Britain and USSR under Lend-Lease.

They're still running these old shows ?? That was a very long time ago in my youth that I watched that. I'll have to see if I can get that Channel. 

8 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Thank you for the info. That might be something I might want to do. 

4 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

You can also get a .50 caliber machine gun in 1/24 scale from 2 Italeri kits: kit #6351 "Jeep with M2 Machine Gun"  or #6352 "Armed Pick-up" (a/k/a Toyota BJ-44).  Both kits were released in 2010.

Unfortunately, Italeri's .50 cal is not very good and missing many details. I re-worked one for the Toyota kit.  One of its biggest problems, like every other scale model .50 caliber: the bottom of the gun is molded solid.  It should be hollow, that's where spent shells fall from an M2 machine gun.  I hogged out the bottom and added tiny rivets plus other details. Still not all that happy with it.

This looks like an outstanding 1/24 scale .50 caliber.  Available on eBay for about $46.  

50cal.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof