Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coconut Ice - Revell 1930 Model A coupe.

alan barton

Here is the final product that I was showing in the WIP thread yesterday.  Final components are as follows.

Body, frame , radiator, grille, interior front suspension - Revell 30 Model A coupe

Buick Nailhead, front seat - Revell 29 Roadster

Paint is Tamiya Pearl white on the frame and firewall, Tamiya Light Red with Tamiya Gloss Clear on the body and grille, and Tamiya flat white primer on the interior roof insert. 

Rear Axle, rear radius rods, headlights and headlight mounts - AMT 25 T

Front wheels and tyre -  Pegasus chromies and thin whitewalls

Rear wheels and tyres - AMT Parts pack whitewall slicks on AMT 57 Chev rear wheels ( I think)

Scratchbuilt rear section of frame.

Steering wheel - no idea!

My wife who is very supportive of my modelling efforts gave me some pink beads for scrapbooking which I used on the horn button and shifter knob.

I inverted parts of the kit exhaust system, mainly to get it past the rear end.  

Even though I tripped myself up a few times on this one, it was a very enjoyable build. There is a small dark smudge on the right hand interior panel near the door jamb that I only discovered in the photos and have since painted over to restore the area. I think it could probably be an East coast car or a West coast car - an unchopped top would be a stronger indicator of an East Coast car in my mind. The pink and white colour scheme made Coconut Ice the perfect moniker for this rod.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Cheers

Alan

20200503_092834.jpg

20200503_092927.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0071.jpg

20200426_084953.jpg

20200426_083649.jpg

20200426_084932_001.jpg

20200426_083613.jpg

20200426_083713.jpg

20200426_083550.jpg

20200426_085054.jpg

That’s a delicious confection Alan! Beautiful rendition of a vintage classic Rod. Also just noticed that you’ve switched it to RHD, Down Under Style.

Congrats on a real piece of eye candy, Cheers Misha

Thanks everyone, very nice to hear such positive comments. Like I said, it's a great kit to build and I really enjoyed it.  Have one more to build and will be buying some re-issues when they happen. 

Plowboy, it is a tough colour to photograph but the outside shots are close. The colour reminds of one used here by GM in the early seventies called Orchid.  

Cheers

Alan