Model Cars Magazine Forum

Because I don’t have enough Lotus kits. ...

And we're getting a Grand Prix race in Miami in May - 25 miles from my back porch 

dollars to donuts the new track is nowhere near as nice as the new and improved Zandvoort ... 

And I can't wait to see what the ticket prices will be .... 

will probably still be cheaper to fly to Montreal and go to the Canadian GP   !  

or Austin !!

Oh - and don't worry - if you would like some COVID - we'll still have plenty left in Miami in May '22 -  

rant over  ....

Belly tanker Jim has sourced an ebay store site for wire - very nice - it measured to .011 - the first picture shows that it is slightly smaller dia than the Detail Master plug wire that we all like ….   I’ll use the detail master orange wire for the 29 - but I’m using the lizard green eBay wire for the throttle wire - thanks Jim …

and made some brace clips for the roll bar - to be painted black …

BD71BA3C-2693-4EE4-A4AB-1E55049EB4AE.jpeg

8C1D1AED-EEBA-4CD3-B553-F0BB17427D86.jpeg

DB6F85BD-10E6-4F0D-A8A1-10360D364ABD.jpeg

4B50AF92-5383-4FBA-BED8-021810C35430.jpeg

18FA8B2C-B484-4AF7-9852-0B415E2D2993.jpeg

The throttle wire and return spring attach to the last segment of the throttle link - at the back of the carbs ….  Used the .011 green line for the throttle wire - glued to a section of .018 tube - the return spring is stretched from a MFH  accessory spring package with a length of .006 brass wire running thu the spring and used to attach the spring to the tray and the last carb link  - close as I can get to scale parts …. 
randy Ditton could probably make this functional - no thanks …

AE0C1E7E-A192-47C6-9E29-70B9A8DE07D3.jpeg

3BC95F98-0094-4A54-8D51-BB7E655903AD.jpeg

Jay C.    Thanks - but just for the record - this is a 24th scale build - the Mad Mike printed engine began life as a 24th scale Ford 289 - and there is no way to make a 25th scale Indy car with a 24th sc engine - so the parts that I am “borrowing” from the AMT Lotus Indy kit have been modified to suit - the monocoque is based on the Clidinst drawings copied in 24th scale …

To be honest, Andrew..... my workbench is also a mess, with so much stuff piled up that there is very little space to WORK in. Every once in a while I do clear some workspace, and whatever works for each of us as model builders, that's fine !

I agree with Josh, about the plastic wrap around the base of your engine...... makes it look like a real engine waiting to be shipped or fitted to a vehicle.

David

On 9/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, Venom said:

I like the plastic wrap around the bottom of the engine... looks so warehousey.

Awesome stuff though, really!

He uses Parafilm, to protect against wear. Great idea! And, you're right, it looks like shrinkwrap!

14 hours ago, absmiami said:

Detail master .013 plug wires with angled plug boots and RB Bentley plugs …

D6FBE039-515C-4397-B25B-87B9F02A57F2.jpeg

087F1F46-B72E-4155-9174-410055F397BE.jpeg

689FBC9E-EC32-44E0-B0BF-0171EEDC6777.jpeg

As always, sir--fine work! Everything looks oh, so right.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did.   If it happens to you - be sure to soak your eyeballs in eyedrop solution before you jam them back into your skull. Avoids infection …

yes the plug wiring for this engine is kicking my a-s. …   The distributor boots are supposed to all point straight back - like good little soldiers …. Mine ….  Do not … I’m just making sure I end up with the correct number of plug wires …

On 9/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, absmiami said:

Mine did.   If it happens to you - be sure to soak your eyeballs in eyedrop solution before you jam them back into your skull. Avoids infection …

yes the plug wiring for this engine is kicking my a-s. …   The distributor boots are supposed to all point straight back - like good little soldiers …. Mine ….  Do not … I’m just making sure I end up with the correct number of plug wires …

Hahahahahaha haaaa!😄🤣😆😅......... Thanks Abs!!..I needed it.