Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 GTO Is Finished

Metalmad

Hello All ,

I have finished the Goat with minimal issues except that I build really slow LOL !  The only issue was the fitment of the front bumper which would not line up quit right but over all it was a fun enjoyable build. There are a few scratch built parts which is the air cleaner ram air system,  fuel block with fuel lines andI I also installed a set of Fireball Mickey Thompson Indy profile tires on the rear which I then had to modify the rear rims to accommodate the rear tires which gave it that 80s muscle car look. I also redid the chrome trim on the front bucket seats and I also added a MAD wired distributor and the front and rear springs where added which are made of colored bead wire.  Oh and I cannot forget the license plates that came from club member Michael at Best Model Car Parts.

Hope you enjoy the pictures !

fullsizeoutput_9f7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9f4.jpeg

Nice to see the final reveal, Seth. After following your build, I’m currently looking for this kit for a decent price. Looks amazing. Still can’t get over how great that wheel and tire combination looks. Everything looks in perfect order. 

Seth, that bad boy turned out great. 2 thumbs up. Don't feel bad, I build really slow too. I build as the mood strikes me,  There's times I work on one for several days then I may not get back to it for a few weeks. No pressure to rush. I've been asked to do commission builds from time to time but haven't because I tend to build slowly.

Beautiful looking little GTO. I enjoyed watching your build as you move along faster than I do sometimes. I remarked before about the paint and it's finish. The engine detailing really stands out. I like the way the rear tires fill the wheel wells.