Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999 Chevy Silverado

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Gents!

Last work has brought sad results, but perhaps someone needing this experience. 

So I masked off cab & bed to spray insulations & plastic

57_online

Window frames were masked with foil. I thought it more accurate. But foil is hard to cut through sometimes with first cut. Second cut can damage paint under mask

58_online

And you get this kind of shame:

59_online

May be I should take new blade before cutting.

60_online

Sad news indeed about the paint damage. This has happened to almost all of us at one time or another. I have had luck in attempting a repair, other times it required a complete stripping and repaint. 

Luckily, it's such a small area that repair may work. From your earlier posts, it seems you have some skill with sandpaper. Try masking and sanding the damaged area to blend the edges where the paint was pulled, then respray. I've had to do this a few times and had good results.

Aside from that, I wanted to comment on all the fantastic work you've done so far on this project. All the modifications you've made are very well done and will add much to the final appearance of the model.

David G.