Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the Bat-Pod by Moebius Models.

BatPod_00.jpg.c034d686bf00d66d6a41d663b63b3c1b.jpg

It's a rather simple kit, not much more work than building a fairly detailed engine for a scale automobile. For those who may be interested, here is a link to the build thread

BatPod_06.jpg.576cf0b4f982fcf8827b5f2454b218f7.jpg

I added a set of cables to the hand grips- brake, throttle, whatever. I mean it's a Bat-Pod so who knows what they are.

BatPod_07.jpg.e98e9c430ca5ae87e2ff32c6131ee7c1.jpg

The tires have been appropriately weathered with earth tone pastels.

BatPod_08.jpg.6c457561440c922486c4d5d0a54a9d90.jpg

I also put a bit of red wire under the engine shroud. Some of the images I found during my research showed a similar feature so I popped one in there. Additionally, I placed a cable running from under the shroud, along the frame and attaching to the rear wheel. Again, based on research.

BatPod_09.jpg.c12adf7b5bbfc27655812e6c70b44730.jpg

This is easily one of the most fragile kits I've ever built. Every time I pick it up I feel like I'm cradling a soap bubble in my finger tips.

BatPod_10.jpg.ae129c69b3a375f80fbd0c575bf6cf82.jpg

As always, thanks for taking the time look and please always feel free to comment.

David G.

Edited by David G.
typo

5 hours ago, Edward Gore said:

Nice detail touches. I've built this kit and enjoyed adding detail. I also liked playing around with the ride height. Did you notice that it's adjustable?

Thanks for the compliment.  I had notice that the rear trailing arm did have a hex stud and socket assembly. I actually almost assembled it in a technically incorrect higher setting but I noticed that it was keyed to insert in only one position. So I see how one could adjust the rear axle height but I don't recall any obvious means of adjusting the front assembly.

I did follow the links to the pics and they are interesting but I still like it in the standard configuration.

Thanks for sharing the information, I probably would nor have realized that such a thing was an option.

David G.

6 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks great David, I liked when Ann Hathaway rode it as Catwomen!

Thanks Carl! 

I agree, Ann Hathaway looked great on the Bat-Pod but in my opinion, Eartha Kitt was the best Catwoman. She had the had the right kind of Cool. 

David G.

• David G. changed the title to Bat-Pod: Finished