Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

Could be, but...

...I doubt those particular kits. The Thunder Bug I really doubt, as Atlantis mentioned they finally obtained GM licensing, with no mention of VAG licensing. Not necessarily a deal killer, but I would think the Street Cleaner (Camaro), Super Taxi (Nova), Screamin' Vette are at least possible, since Revell-Monogram reissued the first two in 2000.

I suspect Dave is being coy (understandably so) regarding which kits are forthcoming, but I'm betting on the construction series caricature kits-- Screamin' Skipshovel, Mountain Mover, Boss Bulldozer, and Extreme Shovel.

I could go for that ....LOL I totally forgot about those one's Thx Casey !

10 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I want a Honest Engine down the road.....someday......

Me too!  I’ll keep buying their releases (even the ones I don’t really want ??) to try and do my bit to get more showrods!  The Unreal Roller and the Honest Engine would both be a real treat!

In Jesse's ad up there, #6708 Ford T Pickup and #6709 Deuce Roadster go WAY back.  Both of those are from the old "Forty-Niners" series of 1/32 scale kits released in 1961. According to Scalemates, the last reissue of the T Pickup was in 1975, and the ad looks 1975-ish.

I found an original "Forty-Niners" Ford pickup at a flea market, partly built and painted.  It's pretty well detailed for a cheap small-scale kit, especially the engine.  The only thing I might add is a rear window, the back of the top is solid.  And maybe some new wheels/tires.

49-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Dragline said:

Oh PLEASE release those 1/32 drag cars! The Daniel stuff like the construction stuff as well. I built those as a kid and loved em. With modern techniques in weathering/chipping I they could be made to look amazing.

I've posted before...those Monogram 1/32 drag cars are little gems...nicely detailed ( for their scale ) and build up quite nice.

20200302_193026.jpg

On 8/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, Dave Van said:

In the 8/15 email newsletter........

We also will be releasing another Press Release later in the week related to some classic Monogram Snap Kits originally released in the 1970's!

This does say "Snap Kits" and the "Snap Kit Funny Cars" from the 70's are these :

0 - TD Snap-Tite Funny Cars

As for the other Tom Daniel Snap-Tites they are grouped "four kits per mold" as shown below . The first group is what Tom Daniel always lobbied Revell to reissue with no luck probably because of the four kit issue .  Seems Atlantis may be okay with this since they reissued the Roar'N'Peace and Leap Hog which were on a single mold . The Li'l Red Baron and Li'l T'rantula were on individual molds . Also the Construction Snap-Tites are on a single mold and would be right up their alley .

Mold #1 

Mold 1

Mold #2

Mold 2

Mold #3

Mold 3

Edited by TooOld

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

This does say "Snap Kits" and the "Snap Kit Funny Cars" from the 70's are these :

As for the other Tom Daniel Snap-Tites they are grouped "four kits per mold" as shown below . The first group is what Tom Daniel always lobbied Revell to reissue with no luck probably because of the four kit issue .  Seems Atlantis may be okay with this since they reissued the Roar'N'Peace and Leap Hog which were on a single mold . The Li'l Red Baron and Li'l T'rantula were on individual molds . Also the Construction Snap-Tites are on a single mold and would be right up their alley .

Mold #1 

Mold 1

Mold #2

Mold 2

Mold #3

Mold 3

I need the 1 mold and 3 mold I hope they do these ?

3 hours ago, TooOld said:

Aw man! These where staples of my childhood! I used to find these at the Supermarkets and even 7- Eleven! Save up some lunch money and you had a model kit! 

Thanks for posting these 

15 hours ago, TooOld said:

Mold #1 

Mold 1

Mold #2

Mold 2

Mold #3

Mold 3

The Thunder Bug is the first model I have memory of completing. There's a picture somewhere in my my mother's photo albums of me showing my completed model to my sleeping father, circa 1970.

12 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Aw man! These where staples of my childhood! I used to find these at the Supermarkets and even 7- Eleven! Save up some lunch money and you had a model kit! 

Thanks for posting these 

Was those 1/32 scale I can’t remember?

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

Yep , the Funny Cars were 1/32nd scale . 

The Mach1 Mustang, Camarom and Duster were all reissued in the early '90s in the LUMINATORS series of Monogram kits, so they should be viable candidates for reissue, but we all know it's the Pinto, Gremlin, and Mustang II kits we desire. ?