Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

Ugh! No disrespect intended; but, what is it with you guys? In the past month, I made two separate postings about the '57 Nomad. I even included Peter's reply to my email about its status; yet, nobody seems to pay attention or read previous comments because the same question keeps popping up. I guess his own words aren't good enough for some members.

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Ugh! No disrespect intended; but, what is it with you guys? In the past month, I made two separate postings about the '57 Nomad. I even included Peter's reply to my email about its status; yet, nobody seems to pay attention or read previous comments because the same question keeps popping up. I guess his own words aren't good enough for some members.

Whatthehell?  You expect people to actually READ the thread prior to posting in it????  Get real.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, keyser said:

Geez, that conflicts with procrastinators anonymous meeting. 

I've been meaning to get to one of those procrastinators anonymous meetings but haven't made it yet ,, I'll be sure to make the next one , , , If I can.

• Haha 1

In short, if you want to speculate or dream about whether or not Atlantis has a particular kit tool, take a look at recent issues of the same kit.  

Made in USA = there's a chance Atlantis has it.

Made in China = nope.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Joe, you sent them a email ? I believe you said, they was going to be a delay o the 57 Nomad that was next. 

On 5/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, SfanGoch said:

I emailed Peter regarding the delay in releasing the '57 Nomad. He said the reason for the delay is that he's making changes to the tool.

If its the old, late 60’s 1/25 scale Revell tool, it needs a lot of work. As I’ve stated previously, I’m looking forward to the Revell tool coming back. It’s by far superior (IMO) to the 1/24 scale Monogram version.

18 hours ago, jjsipes said:

Does anyone know if Atlantis got the 68 and/or 69 Dart kits from Revell? Would love to get a couple more of them in the future. I need to get some better pictures of this one I built.

22221677-1700597859965164-86116201051446

22281588-1700597829965167-84078922832635

Whoa....Jason....what a great job on this model kit!  Way to go!   TIM 

7 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

What the Nomad's going to be delayed?!? When did that happen? 🤔

On 5/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, SfanGoch said:

I emailed Peter regarding the delay in releasing the '57 Nomad. He said the reason for the delay is that he's making changes to the tool.

On 7/1/2022 at 8:34 AM, tim boyd said:

I do know that Atlantis is working on reissuing another kit of the original Revell Tri-Five series, but I'll leave it to Peter or Jim or their spokesperson to divulge what and when....TB 

From Niteowl's pics from the 2021 IPMS show, they also displayed the '55 Bel Air, so I've been assuming that would be the next Tri-Five.

Personally, I think this is probably the best proportioned of the old Revell Tri-Fives. Another plus is that previous versions have included both a small block and a 409.  Assuming that will be the same.

Revell's modern new tool 1/25 '55 hardtop hasn't been out in quite a while, so Atlantis should be able to move these pretty well (IF indeed this is their next release).  There is the old Monogram 1/24 street machine/ex Badman getting reissued, but that body is a hot mess IMHO.

20210819_095856.jpg.eeab810ff394d817737fd8ea52e4e080.jpg

Edited by Robberbaron
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Does the '55 suffer from sub-sized windscreen and backlight like the '57 does?

I think the glass fits ok, but the roof does appear to have a slight slope in the front. Not sure how to fix that and still get the glass to fit. 

2021-029.jpg.a55406926026b4ba855f1c70fd0afa9e.jpg

Look at the box to see the taper.

s-l640-2.jpg.a3949211d44f8804b71419898ac56192.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 8:37 AM, tim boyd said:

Whoa....Jason....what a great job on this model kit!  Way to go!   TIM 

Thanks Tim. Means alot coming from you. I glued plastic strips from the moldings and the vinyl top seams and applied decals for the 3 different sections of the roof.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, jjsipes said:

Does anyone know if Atlantis got the 68 and/or 69 Dart kits from Revell? Would love to get a couple more of them in the future. I need to get some better pictures of this one I built.

I highly doubt it, it is too new of a mold for Revell AG to give up. 

• 3 weeks later...