Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

On 7/3/2022 at 5:24 AM, Motor City said:

All I see is the huge gap between the top of the vent window and roof.  

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the bottom of the door being tucked inside the body at the bottom of the door could it?😆😉

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like the next 1/25 kit (according to this old press release that I forgot about) should be what Atlantis describles as a "sixties All American '23 T Roadster".  Looking forward to seeing that one!  I nearly ran out of stuff to buy from them (although I have a couple of my wishlist once they update their Amazon store again...)

CD6FFF68-3714-440E-8096-402BC4FB76E0.jpeg

My guess would be that would be one of mock-ups Mr Keeler showed at the IPMS show last year based on the former Tweedy Pie kit. Looking forward to more details Although based on that press release they missed the Q1 2022 release mark for the T based kit

Edited by Mr. Metallic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw in my Atlantis email today that they’re selling the roadster chassis parts with the axles and suspension pieces, and the competition wheel set on their own, for anyone who might find those useful:

https://atlantis-models.com/custom-car-parts-series-roadster-chassis-speed-equipment-atlantis/

https://atlantis-models.com/custom-car-parts-series-competition-wheels-and-mags-chromed-atlantis/

DE78DB47-E146-4989-A534-5B9BB08C0AF3.jpeg.ef75070e66fb60876b06b8d87ccfbaf3.jpeg

0B88FC23-9F4A-4D5D-8A33-E9A9CE4D5C05.jpeg.ef2e45d5e568bc678424231c8ea48ce0.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 11:46 PM, CabDriver said:

Saw in my Atlantis email today that they’re selling the roadster chassis parts with the axles and suspension pieces, and the competition wheel set on their own, for anyone who might find those useful:

https://atlantis-models.com/custom-car-parts-series-roadster-chassis-speed-equipment-atlantis/

https://atlantis-models.com/custom-car-parts-series-competition-wheels-and-mags-chromed-atlantis/

Glad to see these back, but I bought a boatload of 1960s original issues at semi-unobtainium prices, when the prevailing "expert" opinion was that the tooling was lost and gone forever.  ;)

9 minutes ago, keyser said:

...I’ve not seen quick and dirty fix for melt, haven’t looked in awhile. 

Only fix I'm sure of is wrapping the rim with BMF prior to assembly.

I'd tried a Q&D coating of a highly chemical resistant epoxy, but getting an even yet thin coat proved to be more difficult than I'd anticipated.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Only fix I'm sure of is wrapping the rim with BMF prior to assembly.

I'd tried a Q&D coating of a highly chemical resistant epoxy, but getting an even yet thin coat proved to be more difficult than I'd anticipated.

A coat of acrylic paint provides some barrier.  When I do wide whitewalls, I always paint down into the tire center. Flat clear should work for blackwall tires. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Glad to see these back, but I bought a boatload of 1960s original issues at semi-unobtainium prices, when the prevailing "expert" opinion was that the tooling was lost and gone forever.  ;)

I would never have said "lost", but would have said that the owners of them over the years would never do anything with them.  And, that's pretty much what did happen, until THIS particular owner came along.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Please, please, PLEASE reissue the Lindberg's 1/32!  (I sure hope they have the molds for those; ie '77 T-Bird, Cordoba, Granada, ect.

Lindberg owned by R2. Stuff Atlantis bought is old Revell-Monogram stuff, not R2. Wrong tree, sry

1 hour ago, keyser said:

Lindberg owned by R2. Stuff Atlantis bought is old Revell-Monogram stuff, not R2. Wrong tree, sry

Atlantis did buy some tooling from R2 but details were not disclosed. It would make sense  R2 would sell these molds......but only Atlantis knows for sure. 

• Like 2