Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

New car kit announced this morning - presumably the old Miss Deal kit?

77C77E7D-B76C-4F1A-AEDB-0A80620D63C6.jpeg.18d926a06563e75b7ef0aa1d2ea8349a.jpeg

094755B1-69E3-43C0-BD4F-4DCA64EC9CC5.jpeg.5ade97dba82fd7a96ea4154567c56ece.jpeg

If in fact it is the old Miss Deal kit, I wonder why Atlantis doesn't just release it as the same. I thought that the Miss Deal kit was a fictitious livery. Would it be because Revell still has copy a copyright on this?

2 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

If in fact it is the old Miss Deal kit, I wonder why Atlantis doesn't just release it as the same. I thought that the Miss Deal kit was a fictitious livery. Would it be because Revell still has copy a copyright on this?

If it IS the old Miss Deal kit, maybe Atlantis is trying to put their own stamp on it. It might be nice to have new decals for a kit that has had the same livery for going on 50 years.

Or, Possibly Revell still has the rights to the "Miss Deal" markings, forcing Atlantis to come up with their own name.

There could be 3rd and 4th possiblities, but I have no clue what they might be.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 3:39 PM, keyser said:

It’s the Miss Deal rebranded to Keelers Kustoms. Same as Fiat, etc. No reason to doubt, I’d think. Licensing irrelevant, Keelers is their brand, Jim Keeler contributed a lot to those at inception ages ago at Revell. https://atlantis-models.com/blog/jim-keeler-bio/

Thanks for clarifying that, Chris. Be nice to have this kit back in any form.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dragline said:

Looks like The Rattler molds have been found.

It will take some work but the bones are here.

Who knows what else Atlantis has. They are going to announce 15 new kits next week. Yes, 15!

Capture+_2023-03-04-17-17-25.png

I must say it looks far better then the old Rattler kit ,I'm in for two of them !

Edited by Mr mopar

On 3/4/2023 at 2:20 PM, Dragline said:

Who knows what else Atlantis has. They are going to announce 15 new kits next week. Yes, 15!

Isn't this part of the "Horn Toad" too.

The bodies and engine look similar.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:20 PM, Dragline said:

Can't wait to see what the 15 kits are. Atlantis may have purchased more tooling from the new owners of Revell back in August of 2018 than we thought.

11 minutes ago, Little Timmy said:

Happy to have the "Rattler" back, but why plate thr parts Copper ? 

I'm going to have to change everything ... uhggg !

( still going to buy 5 of em . )

I was able to strip the 'gold' color from old Monogram Paddy Wagon chrome with 92% alcohol.....maybe it will work here.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Little Timmy said:

Happy to have the "Rattler" back, but why plate thr parts Copper ? 

I'm going to have to change everything ... uhggg !

( still going to buy 5 of em . )

I kinda feel the same - glad to have it back, but I'll be building mine (and the other TD re-releases) like the original kit. 

Would be cool to see them reissue these kits in the original colors - not sure if Revell would let them get away with using the original names and decals though (but the aftermarket has that covered, at least...)

Still - no complaints - wasn't expecting to EVER see this one back, so if I gotta lay down some primer and strip some copper plate, so be it 🤷‍♂️

Eagerly awaiting what Atlantis brings out next. Me personally, really hoping they have the Grand Am body to slap onto their 1/16 funny car chassis.

As much as I'd like to build the Green Elephant Vega, I'm truly holding out for a Grand Am.

Sounds to me like Atlantis will be reissuing one of the very best (and also very little known) kits of a particular model car genre/category .... not sure if it will be in this next round of "15" announcements or later on, but presuming it actually happens, it will be a "must purchase" for those who like to build those types of models....TB 

• Like 1