Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

FLAPJACK! I want one. I missed that one first time (and believe the only time?) it was out. I hope Atlantis can reissue the Flapjack sometime in the near future. Though I can see myself buying Snoopy's Sopwith Camel if I see one at someplace like Hobby Lobby at decent price.

The Flapjack was released a few times, but it is just not easy to find. I have one, but it is missing parts. 

And yes, I would like a Snoopy kit as well. 

This one has been released and I keep hoping to find it in Hobby Lobby.  The old Aurora AH-56 Cheyenne attack helicopter. Unobtainium and very expensive for many years, since it was only released once in 1968.  You gotta love a helicopter with a main rotor, tail rotor AND a 3-bladed pusher prop.

AH-56 Cheyenne`Copter (Plastic model) - HobbySearch Military Model ...

2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

This one has been released and I keep hoping to find it in Hobby Lobby.  The old Aurora AH-56 Cheyenne attack helicopter. Unobtainium and very expensive for many years, since it was only released once in 1968.  You gotta love a helicopter with a main rotor, tail rotor AND a 3-bladed pusher prop.

AH-56 Cheyenne`Copter (Plastic model) - HobbySearch Military Model ...

In the '90s, I worked at a place where a retired VN-era West Pointer was my supervisor. He had his teenage build of this model sitting on his bookshelf. I often coveted it but never mentioned it. 

Would be fun to build this kit and display it with one of the three P-51Ds (Cavalier) that the Army procured at the time to fly chase in their test program. B)

p51-4472990.jpg

Edited by Snake45

8 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Too cool! But, will they really be Motorized? 

Yes,  It will come with the motor.  Atlantis replied to an email asking about the motor. Here is the email.

Hello, the little motor will be included.
Peter

Hello,
I don't need any parts , but I have a question about the announcement of the Snoopy Sopwith Camel model. Will it be motorized, like the original kit was back in the early 70's. I built this kit back in the early 70's and it was motorized. I hope it will be motorized. Thank you.

35 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Yes,  It will come with the motor.  Atlantis replied to an email asking about the motor. Here is the email.

Hello, the little motor will be included.
Peter

Hello,
I don't need any parts , but I have a question about the announcement of the Snoopy Sopwith Camel model. Will it be motorized, like the original kit was back in the early 70's. I built this kit back in the early 70's and it was motorized. I hope it will be motorized. Thank you.

Cool! I know that over the years, certain kits that where motorized had the motor deleted and replaced with some sort of mechanical motivation. 

Thanks for the info! 

2 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

I have the remains of my brother's old built-up Sopwith Camel.  The motor included in the old kit had the magnet set so that the motor wouldn't spin until you rotated the propeller.  It didn't seem to be a conventional can motor.

Can you show a pic of the parts?

9 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

I have the remains of my brother's old built-up Sopwith Camel.  The motor included in the old kit had the magnet set so that the motor wouldn't spin until you rotated the propeller.  It didn't seem to be a conventional can motor.

Probably a two pole motor like the old Lindberg wind-it-yourself kit motors.

23 hours ago, stevez said:

check out the last 15 minutes of Once upon a time in hollywood, DeCaprio in his pool.  

Going off-topic but...LOL!  I like it when movies take an innocent pop song and turn it into the stuff of nightmares.  David Lynch does that a lot. Another good one is near the end of "Boogie Nights."  During the violent ripoff of the drug dealer, the song playing in the background is "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield.  

That scene in "Boogie Nights" was based on a real case, the July 1981 Wonderland Ave. murders.  Known to the LAPD as the "Four On The Floor Murders," because 4 people were beaten to death with steel pipes.  Some cops who worked it said the crime scene was even worse than the Tate-La Bianca/Manson murders. 

That was the first case ever where the LAPD videotaped a crime scene.  Those police videos are included in the DVD release of the 2003 movie "Wonderland"  with Val Kilmer.  Which is also worth seeing, for those who like true crime stuff.  

Somebody out there must be building the '66 Cadillac and/or the clapped-out Karmann-Ghia from "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood..."   

13 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Going off-topic but...LOL!  I like it when movies take an innocent pop song and turn it into the stuff of nightmares.  David Lynch does that a lot. Another good one is near the end of "Boogie Nights."  During the violent ripoff of the drug dealer, the song playing in the background is "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield.  

That scene in "Boogie Nights" was based on a real case, the July 1981 Wonderland Ave. murders.  Known to the LAPD as the "Four On The Floor Murders," because 4 people were beaten to death with steel pipes.  Some cops who worked it said the crime scene was even worse than the Tate-La Bianca/Manson murders. 

That was the first case ever where the LAPD videotaped a crime scene.  Those police videos are included in the DVD release of the 2003 movie "Wonderland"  with Val Kilmer.  Which is also worth seeing, for those who like true crime stuff.  

Somebody out there must be building the '66 Cadillac and/or the clapped-out Karmann-Ghia from "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood..."   

The 66 Caddy is owned by Michael Madsen, the actor, it was also in Reservoir Dogs.  The Karmann was also in Kill Bill. 

https://automobilefanatics.com/quentin-tarantinos-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-used-over-2000-vintage-cars/