Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Rod Porsche

Randy D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To all those that replied ,  I thank you very much !!!!!!!

This is a special update to me as it shows off a really cool part. After posting this thread I was contacted by a good friend of mine who just happens to be a true master of miniature machining who posts his 1/25th scale work in the Drag section.  This gentleman pointed out that one of the pics of the 1/1 showed an aftermarket muffler that appeared to be made of titanium with some cool heat staining. He just happened to have some titanium stock on hand and  he asked if I would like him to mill me one to use in this build.  I, not being a complete fool, of course agreed to this most generous offer !!!!!!   He asked only that I not mention his name here. 

After some back and forth concerning size and his purchasing tooling needed for this project I received a package from Pennsylvania.  He even heat stained it using a small torch. 

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

That is all for now,

Randy

Edited by Randy D

On 9/25/2020 at 12:20 PM, Randy D said:

This is a special update to me as it shows off a really cool part. After posting this thread I was contacted by a good friend of mine who just happens to be a true master of miniature machining who posts his 1/25th scale work in the Drag section.  This gentleman pointed out that one of the pics of the 1/1 showed an aftermarket muffler that appeared to be made of titanium with some cool heat staining. He just happened to have some titanium stock on hand and  he asked if I would like him to mill me one to use in this build.  I, not being a complete fool, of course agreed to this most generous offer !!!!!!   He asked only that I not mention his name here. 

After some back and forth concerning size and his purchasing tooling needed for this project I received a package from Pennsylvania.  He even heat stained it using a small torch. 

Great update Randy, the muffler is gorgeous and I'm pretty sure about the donor but I'll keep my lips tight.  You deserve that superb gift, this Porsche engine is simply out of this world!  Hope you will find more bench time in the next weeks or months... your builds are so inspiring sir!!!

Hi Folks,

Dave,  Thank you !

Francis,  Appreciate you following along:)

It is JC !

Thank you Ray.

Glad you like Jim.

Thanks Dann!!

Michel, thanks for commenting.

In keeping with the "hot rod" theme, i am working on some headers that would look good with that awesome muffler....

Thanks for looking !

Randy

IMG_0614.JPG.b941066b7b227c172f4e8e2e930bd81e.JPG

IMG_0749.thumb.JPG.8cf2e6eded6cc6bfc2cf74b708feebd8.JPG

IMG_0751.thumb.JPG.e4b7ada3061ba48ea1df12631316d2e4.JPGIMG_0751.thumb.JPG.e4b7ada3061ba48ea1df12631316d2e4.JPG

IMG_0854.thumb.JPG.6e5b97fa73442899640028b29698f0f6.JPG272740009_IMG_0855(2).thumb.JPG.4942a15e3cab7f1d449ea009247985eb.JPGIMG_0614.JPG.b941066b7b227c172f4e8e2e930bd81e.JPG