Model Cars Magazine Forum

73 Buick Regal Gran Sport

DoctorLarry

This is my latest Buick project. I have completed a 76 Century Indy Pace car, 77 Century fastback NASCAR, and just finished the body for the 77 Century formal roof NASCAR car. This one has been in process for a couple of years and I am determined to get it done this summer. The interior is down to final putty and sanding. The body is shaping up and Is being final tweaked for body lines. Then it needs details: door handles and locks, marker lights and so forth. I am also working on bumpers and tail lights.  For some odd reason I always have the hardest time with bumpers!

gs model 2.jpg

gs model 1.jpg

gs model 3.jpg

gs model interior tub.jpg

gs model seats.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

With all due respect, the Buick Skylark series name was changed to Century for 1973. The Regal was a sub-series in the Century lineup. The Gran Sport was a sub-series in the Century lineup. Regal and Gran Sport are separate sub-series in the Century lineup.

1973 Buick Century.jpg

Yanno, one could make a pretty nice collection with just Colonnade coupes.  Buick GS, Pontiac GTO, Grand Am, and Can Am, Olds 442, and Chevy Chevelle SS, and Laguna S-3, and Monte Carlo. 

Great work on this GS.

Edited by wku88

I favor the Collonades. I have owned three (still own one) and I like their style. You can do 75 Cutlass (Jo-Han snap kit), 76 Laguna (you have to convert a Pepsi NASCAR Chevelle and use Revell 77 Monte Carlo interior), 73 Century, 76 Pace car, 73 Grand Am, 73 GTO, 74/75 Grand Am, 77 Can Am, and 77 LeMans sedan. I am going to do the 75 Buick Pace Car (already started on the interior) and maybe a 77 442. I did the 77 Buick Century in fastback and formal roof NASCAR cars and a 76 Hurst Grand Prix as well.

silver pace car 1.jpg

3 bodies 2.jpg

73 gto parts.jpg

pro touring GA 1.jpg

smokey lemans 1.jpg

6 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Very nice work! For whatever reason, the 1973-'77 GM midsize colonnade body styles keep getting ignored by the model companies. I'd LOVE to see a '73 Pontiac Grand Am, or even a '73 Chevelle with base, Laguna and SS options in full glue kit form.

Yes all the 73 cars interest me.