Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/25 289 Cobra--1st look, (I think)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

The search feature on the board sucks. And as moderators, yes, we are well aware that it sucks.

The bigger concern to me, is why people aren't fired up that this is a 1:25 scale kit in an obviously euro-box. Outraged!

Hey, I might buy one of these, since they did it in the right scale!

18 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Hey, I might buy one of these, since they did it in the right scale!

Well, it might be the right scale, but it’s the wrong shape, and a mish mash of features from different Cobra generations. You pays your money and you takes your choice...

best,

M.

20 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

The search feature on the board sucks. And as moderators, yes, we are well aware that it sucks.

The problem is those who are aware of, yet refuse to use, the excellent and very effective alternative. When you get results within 30 seconds of searching, there's nothing to publicly complain about, so that speaks volumes about their true intentions:

How does a moderator read and reply to a duplicate topic, both discussing the exact same kit, yet doesn't merge the topics? Can someone please explain the logic of requiring members to jump back and forth between multiple topics, and the benefits of disorganization?

You pays your money and you get a good basis to build may different Cobra variations. 

No one's done a new leaf spring Cobra chassis to replace the one in this kit, a direct copy of the classic AMT original kit.

So disregarding all of the silly non researched nonsense on the box top your still getting a bargain for your money.

I'm betting most people buying this kit, other than the few here that are aware of what's what in the Cobra world, will buy the the kit, build it, and be pretty happy with the results.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

How does a moderator read and reply to a duplicate topic, both discussing the exact same kit, yet doesn't merge the topics? Can someone please explain the logic of requiring members to jump back and forth between multiple topics, and the benefits of disorganization?

Just trying to give you something trivial to complain about.

45 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

Well, it might be the right scale, but it’s the wrong shape, and a mish mash of features from different Cobra generations. You pays your money and you takes your choice...

best,

M.

At least its got one out of two going for it. Wrong scale and wrong shape on that chop top XKE. lol!

• 2 months later...

If anyone has though about buying the HRM kit I would jump on this now.  I have no financial interest in this - just an FYI.

If you compare the value to a Model Factory Hiro kit it’s a no brainer.  The HRM kits are rarely in stock very long.

3D8347DE-67C8-40C4-8489-F1B0B9D105EC.png

0537D236-1009-42F7-9941-66177D4FB505.jpeg