Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East - September 2020 CANCELLED

Tom Geiger

With the uncertainty of the current Covid-19 virus situation and in the interest of everyone's safety, the joint team of Tri-State Scale Model Car Club / NNL East, Diversified Scalerz and Philadelphia Area Modelers have unanimously agreed to cancel our September 26, 2020 event!

Back in March when we decided to postpone the show to September, that was the toughest meeting we ever had. If we had waited two weeks, the decision would have made itself as the State of New Jersey shutdown. We are living in unprecedented times. We felt our plan to hold the show in September, five months in the future, would be a safe bet. Who knew that things would go the way they have!

Currently New Jersey is blocking entry to people from 22 states, with a 14 day quarantine. There is no indoor restaurant dining. Indoor events are restricted to 25% of posted occupancy with a maximum of 100 attendees They aren't sure they will even have school in September. And many states are experiencing surges in Coronavirus. At this point, with no crystal ball, we must go with the safety of our friends in the hobby.

Be safe everyone! Watch our website for future details!
NNL East 35 -  April 24, 2021!

I guess this should not surprise anyone at this point.  At least we have this forum as a means to share our builds to modelers arround the world which in a way is a whole lot better than before the internet when it was not possible in real time.  Looking forward to 2021 for now.

Very sorry to hear this news, although it was pretty much inevitable I guess.  I can certainly relate.

As you outlined, Tom, the state’s dictates make it impossible to conduct a successful event — without even getting into the danger/safety reckless/cautious right/wrong aspects of it all.

In the end, with the constraints currently in place, you guys have no choice. It left you no way to run a railroad!  

On the other hand, it will make next year all the more desirable and impossible to miss!

Good luck!

danno

Thank you Dan!  You guys certainly made lemonade from the lemons you were dealt this year!  With class and dignity!  My hat is off to you guys!

We tried to create a mega event in September from our local mess, but who knew we'd be in deeper five months later!   Surely an unpredictable mess!

We will certainly have dinner  and celebrate next time we are together!   ? 

Totally understandable Tom, and the responsible thing to do!  Good call - disappointing of course, but definitely the best thing to do.

So, planning for next year - are there going to be new themes announced in addition to the existing ones that will roll over?  I’m ready to start another NNL build here! ? 

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Thank you Dan!  You guys certainly made lemonade from the lemons you were dealt this year!  With class and dignity!  My hat is off to you guys!

We tried to create a mega event in September from our local mess, but who knew we'd be in deeper five months later!   Surely an unpredictable mess!

We will certainly have dinner  and celebrate next time we are together!   ? 

Thanks, Tom. That is high praise, coming from you.  We were very pleased that the event came to fruition nearly exactly as we envisioned it. And, we really enjoyed the experience, too! Icing on the cake was that it was well received. Thrilled us!

Danno