Model Cars Magazine Forum

The ‘other’ mag is stopping publication

1 hour ago, stinkybritches said:

It's a supermarket, but they used to carry about 20 automotive titles not too long ago. More titles than the book stores around here.

Oh I gotcha.Im on Long Island NY,so we don’t have that store.We have Stop and Shop,and they have a pretty small selection of auto mags.

2 hours ago, slusher said:

Can you subscribe to this magazine?

No. It is by the issue, when available. In order to be notified when a new issue is available, you need to 'follow' the magazine on Magcloud, or join the Kustom and Hot Rod Magazine Facebook group. All back issues are available. The only ads are on the back cover. It is full color on thick pages, not white pages with color photos. I have received nothing but positive feedback from readers.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:08 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Yup picked up a copy myself.Its a shame that most of my magazines that I was reading on a regular basis,are no longer in production.The auto magazine section at BnN is pretty empty.

Same thing at my local Barnes and Noble.  They even dropped the Rodder's Journal.

I have noticed many of the Automotive magazines are hard to find in the usual places. I'm under the impression that there is a distribution step between the publishers and the retailers and I wonder if the availability problems my be at that level ?    

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

It might have been the final nail in the coffin of some magazines. :unsure:

Yup,everything is on line,but it happened so quickly.I hate reading magazines on the computer.I want to thumb through the pages of a magazine.Dont get me wrong,there are still a some auto magazines,but not nearly as many as they used to be.I would spend hours at BnN,reading through them.??..

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I would spend hours at BnN,reading through them.

I am guilty of this with SA, MCM, and Collectible Automobile. Maybe the fact that we didn't buy them is part of the problem? The two BnN around here have maybe 30% of the magazines over all that they did before Covid.

9 minutes ago, Rodent said:

I am guilty of this with SA, MCM, and Collectible Automobile. Maybe the fact that we didn't buy them is part of the problem? The two BnN around here have maybe 30% of the magazines over all that they did before Covid.

No I read them,but I mostly bought them.Magazines are gonna be a thing of the past,and that sucks!!!!But like I said before,they make room for a million diet and gossip mags.Whatever.?

Edited by NYLIBUD

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nothing like buying a new magazine and finding crumbs and coffee stains!

That is when you learn not to ever grab the front issue from the stack.  You reach in and grab one of the pristine copies in the middle of the stack. :D

11 hours ago, peteski said:

That is when you learn not to ever grab the front issue from the stack.  You reach in and grab one of the pristine copies in the middle of the stack. :D

Never the one at the back of the stack either, because that's where news stand readers try to stash their evidence ?

22 hours ago, peteski said:

Just like with bread, you have to skip the first couple of slices to get to the "good bread"...