Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 Caddy Seville wanted

Ooh! One of my favorite cars of the '80's! It's also one of Bill Mitchell's last designs before he retired. If there is a good resin or 3D printed one, I'd sure like to see it!

That's one of those "love it or hate it" designs. I happen to love it as it was very distinctive for its time, unlike other stuff that was coming out in the early '80's.

I own its "cousin": 1985 Eldorado.  To my knowledge, no 1:24/25 scale plastic kits of either one have been made.  There are however some really nice 1:43 (assembled) resin models of both cars available . The ones I own are from NEO.  I guess those are better than nothing.  I asked at NEO if I could buy an unpainted and assembled "kit" from them (so I could build and paint it to look like my car). Unfortunately that was not possible.

I believe TKM made slush-cast bodies (or even complete kits) of both of those cars , but I really don't consider those as workable.  I don't even know if TKM is still around.

Bill, Lincoln tried to imitate the bustle-back Seville in the '80s, but I didn't think it was a big seller.  Then there was an '80s Mopar car with somewhat similar rear end (was it Mirada or Imperial?).

NEO Model:

Large_b9126bf9-8.jpg

Large_c1c2f80c-8.jpg

Large_266d05af-2.jpg

Edited by peteski

5 hours ago, peteski said:

Bill, Lincoln tried to imitate the bustle-back Seville in the '80s, but I didn't think it was a big seller.  Then there was an '80s Mopar car with somewhat similar rear end (was it Mirada or Imperial?).

it was actually Imperial 80-83 I think, only as a 2 door except for a few limo conversions, was a nice looking car drove like the land yacht it is 1981-imperial.jpg.5352a8500498b223eae57ccecde662f3.jpg

Edited by 440 Dakota

10 hours ago, peteski said:

I own its "cousin": 1985 Eldorado.  To my knowledge, no 1:24/25 scale plastic kits of either one have been made.  There are however some really nice 1:43 (assembled) resin models of both cars available . The ones I own are from NEO.  I guess those are better than nothing.  I asked at NEO if I could buy an unpainted and assembled "kit" from them (so I could build and paint it to look like my car). Unfortunately that was not possible.

I believe TKM made slush-cast bodies (or even complete kits) of both of those cars , but I really don't consider those as workable.  I don't even know if TKM is still around.

NEO Model:

Large_b9126bf9-8.jpg

Large_c1c2f80c-8.jpg

Large_266d05af-2.jpg

..here you go

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/35/t/128048.aspx

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/35/t/127358.aspx

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/35/t/127520.aspx

The Seville is actually one of TKMs better offerings ,,, but it's still c.r.a.p. 

I'd view it as a start, the body looks pretty good proportion wise. But that's about it.

Here's a link  in case the pic dosen't work. 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tkm-resin-1994-cadillac-eldorado-body-406190134

1980-85 Cadillac Seville 1/25 TKM Models Resin Kit Please Read ...

Edited by Can-Con

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

The Seville is actually one of TKMs better offerings ,,, but it's still c.r.a.p. 

I'd view it as a start, the body looks pretty good proportion wise. But that's about it.

Here's a link  in case the pic dosen't work. 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tkm-resin-1994-cadillac-eldorado-body-406190134

1980-85 Cadillac Seville 1/25 TKM Models Resin Kit Please Read ...

While the photo shows the right car, the link you posted pioints to the 1994 car (which is 2 generations newer).

2 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

Grzegorz, to są piękne modele!

Too bad not all of us have the talent scratchbuild models like you.  Are you planning on scratchbuilding the '79-'85 Caddy Eldorado?  Or have you already made one? :D

21 hours ago, peteski said:

Grzegorz, to są piękne modele!

Too bad not all of us have the talent scratchbuild models like you.  Are you planning on scratchbuilding the '79-'85 Caddy Eldorado?  Or have you already made one? :D

Thanks for kind words, this caddys I made  for my friend, I made one copy of them. Yes i want to made a resin of 77 , 80 seville and 81 ElDo.

TKM Seville . A ton of work to gat this far . The best I could do in the day . I could do  a better replica now . I will not change any detail or part with it . TKM kits show up on Evil Bait occasionally . Auto Touch Up used .. Enjoy . Thanx 

IMGP1039.JPG

IMGP1040.JPG

• 3 weeks later...