Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Packard Victoria

Eric Macleod

I have another long term project (25 +years) that I want to knock off the "to do" list. I have already completed the first two-thirds of the set, having built a model 734 Speedster Runabout,  Speedster Phaeton, Speedster Roadster and Speedster Sedan. To be completed,  I need to finish the Speedster Victoria and Speedster Coupe, though I will probably still want to build a new Speedster Runabout as mine is only of "so-so" quality. Only one 1:1 Speedster Victoria remains, though I think the color combination is so unattractive that I probably will try to duplicate it in original form instead of the restored version. The coupe no longer is extant but to really have the complete set I will build it also. Here is the roughed together Speedster Victoria. I will try to upload some other images. I have a photo of the Victoria, which is a larger series 1931 845 that is pretty yet it fails to have the same grace as the lighter 734 but it does provide an idea of where I'm going with this model.

20200711_153122_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Edited by Eric Macleod
Correction