Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell's Joey Saldana Sprint Car

12 minutes ago, Silver Foxx said:

A really nice build , looks great .

Thanks Bruce!

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Nicely done , I never built a sprint car model.

Thanks Ray!  You should give it a try.  I found it to be the easiest and most enjoyable of any build.  There really are not a lot of parts.  Looking at them I thought it would be hard and complicated but it wasn't.  This one took me 4 days to build.

Very nice. Mine has been 3/4 done for months now but thanks to you I think I'll finish it now.

Those are nice kits and I reached out to Revell to make more. They answered me but didn't sound promising. Wanting more aftermarket decals and can approach it that way but haven't seen any.

45 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Very nice. Mine has been 3/4 done for months now but thanks to you I think I'll finish it now.

Those are nice kits and I reached out to Revell to make more. They answered me but didn't sound promising. Wanting more aftermarket decals and can approach it that way but haven't seen any.

Thanks Tony!  yeah, this was a fun build and I can't wait to do more.  Do you know where we can get more decals?  I've got two of these and might pick up a couple more but I believe I have 4 to 8 older kits in my stash.  Most aftermarket decal sheets cost more than I paid for the old kits so let's hope the decals are still good.

I was planning on dusting it up a bit because Chris HPIguy's looked so good that way.. then I was really surprised how well it turned out that I might keep it clean.  That's why I didn't sand the tires.  It looks a lot better in person than I was expecting.  

Speaking of tires.  I love that they put the white lettering on the tire but it seemed to me that the wheels fit better with the unlettered side out.  They did supply decals for the tires so I may use them on the next build.

10 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Thanks Tony!  yeah, this was a fun build and I can't wait to do more.  Do you know where we can get more decals?  I've got two of these and might pick up a couple more but I believe I have 4 to 8 older kits in my stash.  Most aftermarket decal sheets cost more than I paid for the old kits so let's hope the decals are still good.

I was planning on dusting it up a bit because Chris HPIguy's looked so good that way.. then I was really surprised how well it turned out that I might keep it clean.  That's why I didn't sand the tires.  It looks a lot better in person than I was expecting.  

Speaking of tires.  I love that they put the white lettering on the tire but it seemed to me that the wheels fit better with the unlettered side out.  They did supply decals for the tires so I may use them on the next build.

Actually, I built this kit too and noticed they lettered the wrong side.  They lettered the inside if the tire. 

8 hours ago, suprafastcelica said:

Actually, I built this kit too and noticed they lettered the wrong side.  They lettered the inside if the tire. 

I knew something was wrong Michael.. I'm kinda new to all this.  I'll be using the decals on the next one.