Model Cars Magazine Forum

Netflix

Snake45

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Ozark is back! Since it's been 2 years since I saw it, yesterday I reran eps 9 and 10 of Season 3 to try to get myself back up to speed. Really glad I did.

Just finished the first ep of Season 4. They're back, with the pedal to the metal. Good stuff! B)

I guess I know what I'll be watching this weekend.

On 1/21/2022 at 8:21 PM, Snake45 said:

Ozark is back! Since it's been 2 years since I saw it, yesterday I reran eps 9 and 10 of Season 3 to try to get myself back up to speed. Really glad I did.

Just finished the first ep of Season 4. They're back, with the pedal to the metal. Good stuff! B)

At last! I saw ep 1 of s4 last night, and I was like… wait, what? Ben who? 🤣

I was so involved with Helen’s fate and what will come out of it that I had completely forgotten about sideplots, especially regarding Wendy’s brother. I think I will definitely follow your example and at least skim through season 3 once again (I saw it well over 2 yrs ago) before I continue with season 4… but so far, looks deadly 😎

Edited by PowerPlant

I'm up into episode 5 so far (THANK YOU NETFLIX for the 1.5 speed option!) Funniest line of the whole series (at least so far) goes to Darlene: 

"I want to apologize for that. Even went to the drugstore to look for a card. No such card exists." :lol:

20 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I'm up into episode 5 so far (THANK YOU NETFLIX for the 1.5 speed option!) Funniest line of the whole series (at least so far) goes to Darlene: 

"I want to apologize for that. Even went to the drugstore to look for a card. No such card exists." :lol:

I’ve noticed you mention several times you watch Netflix stuff at 1.5 speed. I haven’t explored this, but I assume you mean sped up slightly? How can you enjoy/ take everything in like that? Apologies if I misunderstood, but I am curious  😀

Yes, I watch most things on Netflix at 1.5 speed. Maybe my brain works faster or maybe it's just ADD, but I find stuff more enjoyable if it keeps "moving." Every now and then I'll slow a part down to normal speed to see something special, but I don't find it's hard to keep up at 1.5 speed. 

17 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Yes, I watch most things on Netflix at 1.5 speed. Maybe my brain works faster or maybe it's just ADD, but I find stuff more enjoyable if it keeps "moving." Every now and then I'll slow a part down to normal speed to see something special, but I don't find it's hard to keep up at 1.5 speed. 

Interesting! Thanks for the explanation. I have used your method to rewatch pretty much the entire season 3 finale last night, I even dared go a little faster, and for a recap it worked perfectly, but I’m sure I couldn’t watch new episodes any faster than regular speed. To me it’s like music. Every piece has its specific tempo, speeding or slowing it down changes the song completely. I see filmed material the same way. Every frame and shot is of certain length to achieve a specific dramatic effect, and it has to be seen as such… even if it is seemingly drawn out and overlong, I prefer to see it the way the author thought it should be for whatever reason. Or maybe I’m just slow 😝🤷‍♂️

Edited by PowerPlant

Wife and I watched a Netflix movie last night called " The Unforgivable ". We really enjoyed it. Did not score well on Rotten Tomatoes but it did get  91 percent from Google users. It stars Sandra Bullock. She is found guilty of killing a cop and goes to prison for 20 years. The movie focuses on her trying to get some sort of life after she is released for prison. After the shooting she is separated from her younger sister who she has been raising. So then her fight is to try and get to see her sister who was adopted. The ending has a twist that we did not see coming.  

5 hours ago, PowerPlant said:

Interesting! Thanks for the explanation. I have used your method to rewatch pretty much the entire season 3 finale last night, I even dared go a little faster, and for a recap it worked perfectly, but I’m sure I couldn’t watch new episodes any faster than regular speed. To me it’s like music. Every piece has its specific tempo, speeding or slowing it down changes the song completely. I see filmed material the same way. Every frame and shot is of certain length to achieve a specific dramatic effect, and it has to be seen as such… even if it is seemingly drawn out and overlong, I prefer to see it the way the author thought it should be for whatever reason. Or maybe I’m just slow 😝🤷‍♂️

I'm a speed reader. I can burn through a novel pretty quickly because when I read, I'm just looking for nouns and verbs--adjectives and adverbs, not so much. I really don't care what everyone was wearing or how the room was decorated or what it smelled like. I just want to know what everyone does. B)

I don't read everything that way, of course. There are certain books I've read many times, slowly, savoring every passage, every word....

• 2 weeks later...