Model Cars Magazine Forum

1993 Ford Ranger Supercab

I knew this existed somewhere in my storage. I hadn't seen it since moving almost seven years ago. It was still covered in the dust from being on the shelf untouched for so long. It's here with a 1993 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 promo that I had and kept to compare what a stock cab looks like. I posted it a long time ago on the other site, but Photo Bucket ruined that.

07202013512-vi.jpg

A  little history: This build started soon after I purchased a 1993 Ranger Supercab in 2002. No kit of a Supercab ever existed. I saw the kits available and thought it could be possible to bash one because the way the cab is shaped.

P2100009-vi.jpg Picture from 2004

Well, I finished the cab, and the interior and chassis were a bit overwhelming. So, I put it away for over a year. In that time I acquired a resin model and finished it so it gave me the confidence to try again.

P2120010-vi.jpg

P2120008-vi.jpg

Everything went together fairly well and I created an interior similar to the truck I was driving. The kits come with sport bucket seats and I just added some plastic to give the illusion of a bench seat and arm rest. The rear seats fold into the sided so there is nothing there anyways.

P2270033-vi.jpg

Eventually, the real truck became my son's to use, he wrecked it twice, and I finally sold it a few years back. This is what I have left to remember it now.

07202015422-vi.jpg

07202015432-vi.jpg

07202015442-vi.jpg

0720201544b2-vi.jpg

07202015452-vi.jpg

21 hours ago, Chevythunder85 said:

Looks good! ?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Looks great!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thanks!

10 hours ago, afx said:

Nice. I had this 1:1 truck in silver with blue along the bottom.

Thanks! Sounds like a good looking truck!

9 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Really like your Ranger.  I have owned an 87 Supercab, a '94 Regular cab 4X4, and now have a 2010 Supercab Sport, all have been V-6 powered.  Have loved every one of them.  Thanks for sharing your build.

Thanks! It appears you really like Rangers! Any plans to get the latest model?

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Great looking Ranger!

Thanks!

12 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

Thanks! It appears you really like Rangers! Any plans to get the latest model?

Not at the price they are going for and only drivetrain available is a I-4 10 speed.  I'm afraid Ford screwed the pooch on this one.