Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tonite closes out the work in progress on the Sterling.  Thanks to Dave Natale for the AITM cab casting, fenders and interior.  He does some great casting.  Details are finished up so here are the closing shots of the build.

071.JPG.5eb19ee0e856112e49095defd7fe3739.JPG072.JPG.e015c508d8b5f88c7e7c18748d6ab1c4.JPG074.JPG.5cbd4241627eca96224c3b04a52bda79.JPG075.JPG.0c0228c01b880a5efbe9a9d7c2fadb54.JPG080.JPG.00b35689fc650fd7740109386092f05e.JPG081.JPG.f5d3525f5728f422f58de280b19d1187.JPG082.JPG.064aa822c24937f307e9a1dd7f5ca194.JPG

Outstanding build, Charlie, but . . . it's kind of a funny looking fire truck!  Whatcha gonna do?  Smother the fire with a load of dirt?    😎

Great looking build, Charles! The colors work together well and your craftsmanship is amazing. 

9 hours ago, Danno said:

Outstanding build, Charlie, but . . . it's kind of a funny looking fire truck!  Whatcha gonna do?  Smother the fire with a load of dirt?    😎

HAH!  Wouldn't be the first time it was done that way!  How about I wet the dirt first!😆

Fantastic looking old dump truck, Charlie.  Well done.

Great work, wouldn't expect anything else.

Just a thought- maybe a black line around the door edge to simulate door gasket,

greg

Fantastic work! Another museum quality build!

6 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

Great work, wouldn't expect anything else.

Just a thought- maybe a black line around the door edge to simulate door gasket,

greg

With the door open I can see what you mean. Guess I'll have to get out the magic marker!

Beautiful work as always!! Very realistic!! I really like the dump cylinder set up. I don't think that I've ever seen one like that. Top notch all around!

13 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Beautiful work as always!! Very realistic!! I really like the dump cylinder set up. I don't think that I've ever seen one like that. Top notch all around!

Hi, Brian.  That's not a new concept.  I found that same type of hoist mechanism on the 1929 Coleman project.  Exact same thing.  I suspect that most have a more modern style of mechanism that includes a permanent attachment for the cylinder.  But since I found proof of that type in a photo of a Sterling, that is what I used.

😎😎😎

This entire project is just mind-boggling!!!  Your attention to detail and fabrication skills are class one all the way!!!

DJ

Great work.  Something about it looks familiar, I think I've seen the 12":1', I just can't place it. 

Hey, Warren.  There are similar rigs in the New England area that have made their way around the Antique and Historical Truck groups.  They may look familiar because I took a lot of my ideas from them.  Many on line photos of them.