Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pneumatic trailer

Ok, back in the saddle after another change of plans. Valves and rims from Moluminum are in. Chassis is near completion. I need to move the landing gear back a bit and start cutting out the frame rails so the tank can settle in. Using 5 hole Budds for rims with Italeri tires. 

92A81296-9F17-40D9-8197-6F67ACB511E1.jpeg

C1A2BABF-C2FD-4074-9646-DE52AF906203.jpeg

86A676DE-BEDA-4B6D-BE84-703ACA11BE43.jpeg

A982A7E6-8078-4D60-BB8A-C57ADF6F65CF.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had some bench time this weekend. Made good progress on the build. Fenders both front and rear, valves on the pneumatic tank, and finished the front of the trailer by adding 5th wheel plate and front crossmember. I will work on the front and rear supports next.Slow progress but making headway. 

B70AA31E-04C7-411B-BC32-66AFAA9182C8.jpeg

61AB6B01-F82E-4735-9655-383D13F8DEFE.jpeg

666F68D6-2586-47FC-BB32-8203E85D2356.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello all, it’s been a crazy last four months, as we all have had to deal with the new normal. My wife had a cancer scare and major surgery ( all good now?). I spent 5 days in isolation suffering from our wonderful new virus (all good too). Been pretty much creeping through the builds for a bit but sitting at the bench more here lately. Here’s pics of the progress on the pneumatic trailer. I put all of the plates down and made the weld seams on the tanks. The seams are made from Milliput and the welds are from plastic tubing. The piece that’s taped is for the mounting braces. Not sure what I will do there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. 

AFD5E95C-DFFB-4B42-9C43-D1962F16DA73.jpeg

1534C384-F9E2-4B7A-9DC0-CA1F0AE8DC04.jpeg

Your frame is really turning out well  ! Adding the welds around the tank hoppers looks very good 

As far as your front / rear supports , that's an area I really struggled with. Theres a bunch of angles that meet there.  I also wrapped a square rod around the tank, tipping it then gluing down slowly working around the tank then built the struts that run down to the frame . I can't recall if the chicken came before the egg next.  Ill see if I have any other build photos still

15 hours ago, Dutzie said:

They do look sharp. I need to move some of my wife’s books off of a shelf or two so I can have extra room. I’ll let you know how that works, lol!

11 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Ohhhh good luck  ! My wife is also a book reader and would kill me for moving them ! 

Do like I did and get your wives a Kindle. ? Opens up tons of shelf space.

1 hour ago, Dutzie said:

I probably wouldn’t have any models left!!

Hahaha ! She's very willing to leave space for my favorite trucks , I picked up a display cabinet from a co-worker and its sitting prominent in living room.  She just rolls her eyes when I'm chatting about the next build ...knowing the squirrels are back

On 12/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, Mopar - D said:

Brian I just made sure that when we had our home built I got a model building room with lots of shelves. 

We are looking at houses now. I definitely need to make shelving in the man cave a priority!

On 12/16/2020 at 8:28 PM, gotnitro? said:

Hahaha ! She's very willing to leave space for my favorite trucks , I picked up a display cabinet from a co-worker and its sitting prominent in living room.  She just rolls her eyes when I'm chatting about the next build ...knowing the squirrels are back

We have a small curio cabinet that we bought a few years ago for my display area. 
My wife does the same. She doesn’t understand why I buy 2-3 kits that are the same. When I try to explain, she giggles and walks away! Lol!