Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

My next project will be a pneumatic tank with modified trailer ( thanks Jeff). This build will definitely test my scratch building skills ( or lack there of). I will be modifying an AMT trailer and scratch building the pipes and lines. It will be a slow process but hopefully a successful one. 

F7F4471A-0033-478F-9193-1AE0EE2AD94A.jpeg

924BD186-26BA-45EF-AA5B-BDACFD1CA58E.jpeg

038B8998-C290-4624-92EB-DD31953C3ED2.jpeg

80D484CA-A011-4B85-906A-4C0BED67C4B1.jpeg

Edited by Dutzie
Correction

Brian this is going to be very interesting to see how you build your trailer . Did you make the drum section?

Posted (edited)

I have one of these trailers there 3D printed from https://www.kamodelminis.com/ there nice ! and you can get all the valves from Jamie at http://moluminum-com.3dcartstores.com/?fbclid=IwAR1YnU2VELtQ-A_Gigzk6jKiITu2HWkxiICt4QToFSdgx8DYr8Uyt3ejUP4 to complete the trailer I hope this helps !

Edited by Mr mopar

Thanks for the information about the valves. Much appreciated. 

Very rough mock up. Valves, tires, rims ordered from MoLuminum. Still need to reinforce frame or I may build a completely new frame from scratch. 

0361F906-A55A-4BD5-9FAB-FFF66A4F7BBA.jpeg

Brian thanks for sharing the link for Keystone. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with the frame. 

Posted (edited)

Good mock up , yeah theres definitely ways to modify the frame to fit the tank.  I used a dremel fine  sanding drum to oval out the spot where cones fit into frame . The real ones are welded heavily around that point .I've seen a few builders place a square " plate " under each cone w hole drilled thru allowing cones to sit in..many ways to skin a cat

Really fun trailers to fabricate , and look fantastic behind a truck...have you chosen the tractor yet

Edited by gotnitro?

10 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Brian thanks for sharing the link for Keystone. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with the frame. 

Thanks Dan. I ordered a bunch of plastic from Evergreen as well. This will definitely be trial an error. 

6 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Good mock up , yeah theres definitely ways to modify the frame to fit the tank.  I used a dremel fine  sanding drum to oval out the spot where cones fit into frame . The real ones are welded heavily around that point .I've seen a few builders place a square " plate " under each cone w hole drilled thru allowing cones to sit in..many ways to skin a cat

Really fun trailers to fabricate , and look fantastic behind a truck...have you chosen the tractor yet

Thanks for the tip about the Dremel. It will definitely come in handy. I feel the tank needs to sit just a bit lower and I need to shorten the front of the frame. Still have to add the 5th wheel plate and it’s frame.

We run a fleet of 1600 vac trailers and they are each set up a little different. So yes, many ways to set this up. 

As far as trucks, we run 386 Pete’s with tin can bunks. I may convert the NewRay 386 to a 32” bunk or use the Italeri Pete 377 and add a little bunk. Not sure yet. 

Not much to report. Worked on the frame some and also working on the rig. 

AF82173C-925E-4E76-A669-75A07891B45C.jpeg

5A1DEA78-159F-42E4-8A5F-CC08F6198672.jpeg

FB84D487-8175-406D-AF0E-9C906AC6B79E.jpeg

Excellent work on the trailer and the cab interior looks perfect, the dash board is always the bit that gives me the most grief but yours looks so neat, really enjoying this build. 

That looks interesting. There were a lot of trailers like that down in Miami . Due to the cement plants there.

One of the main cement was CCC Corp.

Be Well

Gator