Model Cars Magazine Forum

30 minutes ago, Mike 1017 said:

A real deal Cobra. On the road where it is suppose to be. 

Any way your friend can share the Cobra's story with us? Luv to here it

Mike

Hello Mike , he’s a very busy guy but I’ll try to get a story and more pics . Everyone looks at this car. Every time you go to a gas station someone wants to talk . We filled up at gardnerville nv and thought we could slide in unnoticed , Took 45 minutes to get out of there. Unrestored original. Just had a new engine put in. So we took it for a drive. ( he took out the original 5 bolt 289 and the cobra scattershield , in his garage)

FC1E1314-76FB-43D4-B6C6-B963088056A1.jpeg

04A24B57-F20C-4887-ACF9-47011AC714F6.jpeg

703DC95F-33CD-4A99-8B46-9798F810459B.jpeg

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Scott, what wheels did you use on the Cobra model ?

They are Boranni wire wheels  from Fujimi ..I think it was

The tires are a bit wide but such is life.  The WIP is on here somewhere , will look

here it is: 

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

10 hours ago, afx said:

Looks like Chassis# CSX2431R but not sure.

Chassis Plate.JPG

if it's   really  csx2431  it's   worth BIG MONEY !   A  special  comp cobra with wide rear fenders and cutback doors  that was almost exclusively raced by Ken Miles.  Modified  suspension  and trick a arms  that made the car 2 inches lower then a regular  comp  cobra.  also  leased  to  MGM  studios  for one of the cobra's  in the movie Spinout.  even if  it's  not  csx2431,it's  still one bad-ass  ride  and worth a ton of money

CSX2431-Cobra-USRRC-Roadster-Miles-1074.jpg

36 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Could the R stand for race ??

I can ask my friend.  He is pretty quiet about his purchase of a privately raced 289 Comp car that he sold two GT350’s he had to buy his dream car.  I have not seen it yet but his long term plans include showing it perhaps next year as a survivor.  He has done a ton of research on  289’s and he probably has a SAAC registry.