Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1975 Corvette Roadster

RDean58

Started July 24, 2015 and finished yesterday, July 19th. Color is (I think) Tamiya TS-50 blue. Silver interior and a luggage rack from an AMT 70 Corvette. AMT RWL tires with the kit supplied factory rally wheels. Air cleaner is the custom unit from the Revell 64 Impala. This was a fun little kit to put together.

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_01.jpg

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_02.jpgMPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_03.jpg

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_04.jpg

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_05.jpg

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_06.jpg

A mystery big block, as 1975 Corvettes came from the factory with 350 small blocks!

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_08.jpg

MPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_09.jpgMPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_10.jpgMPC_1975_Chevrolet_Corvette_CVT_11.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

Does this kit still come with the metal springs for the front suspension?   this was the FIRST kit I ever built (or maybe the 74 Annual).   No paint, only glue - LOTS AND LOTS OF GLUE.   LOL.   I was 9?  

I stll have a soft spot for this kit.   Sorta like the glue softened plastic of my kit.  LOL

Yours is beautiful. 

4 hours ago, randyc said:

Does this kit still come with the metal springs for the front suspension?   this was the FIRST kit I ever built (or maybe the 74 Annual).   No paint, only glue - LOTS AND LOTS OF GLUE.   LOL.   I was 9?  

I stll have a soft spot for this kit.   Sorta like the glue softened plastic of my kit.  LOL

Yours is beautiful. 

Thank you for the complements!  Yes, the original kit comes with the metal springs. NOT the new release kit with the same box cover. Here is the original kit.

MPC75VetCvt.jpg

I was able to get a few of these original MPC kits from ebay for reasonable prices a few years ago. Don't know about now but I scored these which I need to build as well.

MPC41VetteCVT.jpg

MPC74HT.jpg 

MPC76VetteCoupe.jpg

MPC77Vette.jpg

MPC_Ki61.jpg

MPC81Vettte.jpg

82DragonVette.jpg

Thanks for that blast.  I think it was the first kit pictured.  But that was 45 - 46 years ago.   I could be completely wrong.   I loved the annual kits as a kid.  Never built the stock version, though.