Model Cars Magazine Forum
Brutalform

1970 Hemi Roadrunner

This is an old Revell/Monogram RR I built quite a few years ago. This is going to be a rebuild, but with a Hemi this time around. I plan on disassembly tomorrow, then into the purple pond it goes. Sure beats buying another kit, as the prices are going up on these. I plan on using wheels, tires, and Carter carbs, from Fireball. Still haven’t decided a donor engine yet. Possibly a Moebius Hemi, or a 1:24 Hemi from a Cuda Kit. Hope I can get the old paint off. 

56643310-683C-436C-9BCE-DF8D870DFE08.jpeg

58DA21B1-DD68-450C-9267-2F205FF3156A.jpeg

The Cuda hemi will probably look better in the Engine bay, as it is 1:24 scale as well. 

I like the Revell 1:25 street hemi (GTX, Coronet) for the best detail,  but it might look too small. Haven't built a Moebius hemi yet.

6 minutes ago, Steamboat said:

The Cuda hemi will probably look better in the Engine bay, as it is 1:24 scale as well. 

I like the Revell 1:25 street hemi (GTX, Coronet) for the best detail,  but it might look too small. Haven't built a Moebius hemi yet.

I did a lot of research on both the Monogram Road Runner and Superbird kits. Turns out the front of the cars or 1/25 scale in the rear is 1/24 scale. Here is a picture of AMT’s HEMI in the Monogram Superbird. Doesn’t look too bad! 

C592CACF-82F8-43A1-A5EB-CA0F434BC414.jpeg.a9251d4565ad1e0c1ae4bb5760da3a6d.jpeg

I did swap out the engine bay also. What you see here is from the Monogram 69 Dodge Coronet.