Model Cars Magazine Forum
dwc43

73 or 74 Charger SE

Looking for a 73 or 74 Dodge Charger SE for a friend of mine. I want on too. lol I know MPC made the Super Charger in red but it's not an SE. And that car has a bad chassis but I bet the 71 will fit in the body. I checked E Bay and no luck. I'd take a resin one too if the price is right. I had a link for one in my old computer but the HD died last Friday, so it's all gone now. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, dwc43 said:

Looking for a 73 or 74 Dodge Charger SE for a friend of mine. I want on too. lol I know MPC made the Super Charger in red but it's not an SE. And that car has a bad chassis but I bet the 71 will fit in the body. I checked E Bay and no luck. I'd take a resin one too if the price is right. I had a link for one in my old computer but the HD died last Friday, so it's all gone now. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

It is doable.  Some work needed to do the opera window  and other mods to make a nice looking SE.   That  74 Super Charger kit is pretty affordable and would  make a great start for the project.  

Saw this page from Model Car World Finishes.  Looks like they casted a 73 Dodge Charger SE.  Here is the link.  I would contact them to see if they still cast it.

https://www.globuya.com/US/Massillon/456936001156924/MCW-Finishes---Model-Car-World-Paint-and-Resin

I

Time Machine resins used to cast this kit.

Not sure if this is the one that MCW is casting now?

resin-charger-se.jpg

resin-dodge-charger1.jpg

Steve

18 hours ago, GMP440 said:

It is doable.  Some work needed to do the opera window  and other mods to make a nice looking SE.   That  74 Super Charger kit is pretty affordable and would  make a great start for the project.  

Saw this page from Model Car World Finishes.  Looks like they casted a 73 Dodge Charger SE.  Here is the link.  I would contact them to see if they still cast it.

https://www.globuya.com/US/Massillon/456936001156924/MCW-Finishes---Model-Car-World-Paint-and-Resin

I

Thanks for the link. I'll check that out.

16 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Time Machine resins used to cast this kit.

Not sure if this is the one that MCW is casting now?

resin-charger-se.jpg

resin-dodge-charger1.jpg

Steve

Thanks. I'll check that out. I think that is the one I had saved in my other pc that died. I could not remember the name of the company. I'll go check that out too. Thanks much.

No luck so far. I sent MCW an e mail. I could not find the Charger on their site.

Try MCW Automotive Finishes on Facebook. I think they do the body and hood now. You will still need the bumpers, taillights, glass and interior from a '74 Super Charger and you might want to use the chassis from the AMT '71 Charger.

They were listing these bodies on eBay for awhile, but I haven't seen them there in several months.