Model Cars Magazine Forum

SO-CAN 32 lakester: Canada's answer to SoCal Spd Shp

On 8/4/2020 at 9:52 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I always enjoy seeing someone put a lot of thought and effort into scale engineering. Nice work.  

Hi Bill!

I too enjoy seeing very detailed models on this very forum. And luckily for us, they come aplenty, don't they? To me, I don't know how to express it better than "being good for the soul." Whenever I get a chance to look at photo reports of events such as, say, the Heartland National, I get that warm feeling. 

Can't explain it, but it sure feels that way to me!

CT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

Top shelf build. All the other superlatives appropriate  for this masterpiece had been used by the time I saw this post this morning!

Thank you, Sir! It's an honour. 

I can't help it but notice that you often thank modelers for "sharing" their models on this forum. I agree, but it only makes sense if visitors comment and share their point of view and or advices in return... So thank YOU, Tom!

Now, the million dollar unresolved question: We all know there is such a thing as So-Cal... But southern Canada?... I may have stretched the reality a bit, here.

Unless it is, say, Niagara or Windsor? Open question...

Regards,

CT

10 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Thank you, Sir! It's an honour. 

I can't help it but notice that you often thank modelers for "sharing" their models on this forum. I agree, but it only makes sense if visitors comment and share their point of view and or advices in return... So thank YOU, Tom!

Now, the million dollar unresolved question: We all know there is such a thing as So-Cal... But southern Canada?... I may have stretched the reality a bit, here.

Unless it is, say, Niagara or Windsor? Open question...

Regards,

CT

I often hesitate to be critical of others' builds as what they post is their best effort and sometimes those builders are battling physical issues that limit what they are able to do. Like my mom often said"if you can't say something nice,Don't say anything."

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

I often hesitate to be critical of others' builds as what they post is their best effort and sometimes those builders are battling physical issues that limit what they are able to do. Like my mom often said"if you can't say something nice,Don't say anything."

Well, I could not say it better! Thanks. 

CT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Very nicely done! Impressive amount of detail and wiring....-RRR

Hi RRR!

Thanks for the comments. Indeed, I almost went trough my reserve of wires on this one. The "control panel" alone, with 9 distinct components, running to ancillary accessories, required 9 different colours of wires. And that's without counting ignition & al. Can you say spaghetti? 

CT

4 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I sure am late to the party with this beauty. Wow is all I can add. 

Claude great choice for the drive train and graphic's.  Claude you can always run it on a frozen lake Like Henry did with the 999.  

Thank you Andy!

Now that you mention it, I must say I never imagined that... But what about the traction on ice? Who knows...

CT

19 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Thank you Andy!

Now that you mention it, I must say I never imagined that... But what about the traction on ice? Who knows...

CT

Claude I have no idea what they did for traction.  This is from Wikipedia below.  This was on what looks like smooth tires. 

On January 12, 1904 in New Baltimore, Michigan, Henry Ford personally drove the rechristened 999 with his mechanic Ed "Spider" Huff at the throttle. A new land speed record was achieved of 91.37 mph (147.05 km/h) on an ice track carved into Lake St. Clair's Anchor Bay. It stood for only a few weeks, but this was ample time to bring more good publicity for Ford's new company.