Model Cars Magazine Forum

Im surprise we never got this Chrysler in scale from revell

Some of it is about brand loyalty. While I like the Grand Prix, and the Oldsmobile versions, I'd buy the Chrysler 300 first. Maybe if a company had done a series of Hurst kits around the same time, it would have done well enough to justify.

The 300 would make a great kit, though I would prefer a hardtop.  I never saw this photo before, and didn't know a convertible version was made.  Variations of the '69-'71 300 could be made, and the basics (engine, chassis, interior tub, glass) would also be there for the '69-'71 Sport Fury and '70-'71 Sport Fury GT.   

I met Linda Vaughn at the Woodward Cruise several years ago and she was signing free posters.  She even personalized them for my brother and me.  She was really nice.  I wish I had bought a few of her photos that were available to be signed, too.   

5 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

Now if we're talking Hurst editions, my vote would be for one of these -

SSJ 71 8 (1).jpg

And they could base it on their Cutlass chassis, and go from there. 

As nice as it would be to have this car in styrene, you would have to make a new tool, including the chassis. The Grand Prix and Montes rode the longer 4 door wheelbase. I would take a GP or a 300, no problems.

It would have to include a figure of Linda and all the Hurst lettering. I don't recall ever seeing the Nova in the background of the picture. That would be very doable with what we have to work with now if the decals could be found. 

A small but vocal group of modelers have been stumping for a nice, new detailed Mopar C-Body kit for awhile now.

I think if any C-Body were to be done, it should be this one. There is a lot of interest in this car, and I think there would be sales potential beyond the small fringe group, from many modelers that will see it and want to build something different.  

It could be engineered with Hardtop and Convertible variants, with Hurst- and non-Hurst stock options. It might be offered as a Hurst '70, and a stock '69, so as to allow parts swapping between two or more purchased kits (for instance, if somebody wants a non-Hurst stock '70). Optional parts could have a drag, street toy, and/or modern cruiser theme.   

This might be more in line with something Moebius would do, but I think it would be a surprisingly good seller for Revell if they ever decided to roll the dice on this one.