Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Land Rover LWB

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 1:54 AM, Slimguy said:

Beautiful build. Expertly done.  Makes me want to go out and get this kit.  Any issues I need to be aware of?  Thanks for sharing this stunning model.

Thank you for your kind words, depending on if you get the Revell Germany or the U.S version, which I haven't seen the instructions, the Revell Germany instructions got a few things wrong,  just use the Internet for reference and you won't go too far wrong, the part listed for left hand drive transmission tunnel, throw it away, Land Rover never actually made a left hand drive gearbox layout, they were a little tricky to drive as the 4x4 and high/low range selector levers were a little out of reach, they also got the parking brake lever mixed up on the instructions,  again using the Internet for reference will show you which side it should be fitted.

But as for building the Land Rover, it's a superb kit to put together. 

Edited by GeeBee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dominik said:

super clean! like it a lot.

only,...i'm not familar with the Chrome trim. never saw it on the LR wich drive around here….or should i take a Closer look on them? 

It's not chrome trim,but galvanised steel, it's quite bright on new Land Rovers but dulls down over time

P12101401.jpg