Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Restomod Workshop now has a crew.

Bills72sj

• 2 weeks later...

Update! Now the workshop has a crew. After 3 hours on ebay, I picked the most appropriate 9 characters to add some "life" to my car photos. They came prepainted which saved me a BOATLOAD of time I did not want to spend. This will probably be the only time I will use them all a once. Now I need to give them names...

To help them stand upright, I installed tiny magnets in their feet to work with the metal plate hidden in the floor.

Crew at work.JPG

• Like 1

• Bills72sj changed the title to American Restomod Workshop now has a crew.
  • 2 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 4:21 AM, charlie8575 said:

Very nice, Bill. I like the idea of pegboard for the ceiling with the lights. Where did you source those from?

Are the blocks in the walls carved by hand, or did you use some kind of overlay?

Also, what are the overall dimensions?

Charlie Larkin

The blocks in the walls are actually printed paper I got from Hobby Lobby for around a buck a page. They are in scale but have no texture. Which for my needs and budget, worked for me. The checkerboard floor is paper as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kodiak Island Modeler said:

This looks like a grand opening picture, with it all clean and organized.   It makes one wonder what it will look like 10 years down the road when it has endured the years of heavy use.   You have really performed an excellent work of art on this diorama.

Hopefully 10 years down the road the housekeeper (me) will still be keeping it clean. It has already started to accumulate some additional car parts such as a camshaft and crankshaft. However, it does stay in my display cabinet so that will help. I had lots enjoyment building it.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, Bills72sj said:

The blocks in the walls are actually printed paper I got from Hobby Lobby for around a buck a page. They are in scale but have no texture. Which for my needs and budget, worked for me. The checkerboard floor is paper as well.

Sorry, I forgot to answer the light question. They are aftermarket running lights I got off ebay in the middle of the project. I remember they did not cost very much at the time.