Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kookie Kar Klone Kitbash

magicmustang

With the parts you selected, you came up with a very believable version of the Kookie Kar, even if it isn't a 100% replica.  That rear three quarter view really sells it for me.  When you get your flames added to the blue paint it will cause instant recognition for most people.

Like you, i am a fan of vintage rods but must confess to chickening out on this one.  I stumbled upon the Danbury Mint version in a collectable diecast store, I had money in my pocket and it spoke to me!  No regrets at all as I still have plenty of other models of this era to tackle - the Dick Flint roadster for one.  

If I had built the Koolkie Kar, I would have been very happy if it came out as nice as yours!

Cheers

Alan

6 hours ago, alan barton said:

With the parts you selected, you came up with a very believable version of the Kookie Kar, even if it isn't a 100% replica.  That rear three quarter view really sells it for me.  When you get your flames added to the blue paint it will cause instant recognition for most people.

Like you, i am a fan of vintage rods but must confess to chickening out on this one.  I stumbled upon the Danbury Mint version in a collectable diecast store, I had money in my pocket and it spoke to me!  No regrets at all as I still have plenty of other models of this era to tackle - the Dick Flint roadster for one.  

If I had built the Koolkie Kar, I would have been very happy if it came out as nice as yours!

Cheers

Alan

Alan, thank you for your comments. Coming from you I feel I have accomplished my intent. Decals are on the way.

43 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

the flames from the AMT T kit may work....if you can find the decal sheet

I have them. They are close, but no yellow colors. I think the Revell one's from the '32 Ford 5 window coupe will work. I have some on the way. Thank you for your reply.

Gerald, if you are looking for a skull for a shifter knob, the Hot Wheels toy known as Rigor Motor has two as headlights up front.  The toy is loosely based on Grandpas dragster from the Munsters TV show.  Unfortunately the most recent ones no longer ahve the skulls but I bought a bunch when they still did .  If I see one cheap at a flea market, I grab it just to get two skulls.  Here's what they look like with a bit of paint detailing!

Cheers

Alan.

20200531_105619.jpg

7 hours ago, alan barton said:

Gerald, if you are looking for a skull for a shifter knob, the Hot Wheels toy known as Rigor Motor has two as headlights up front.  The toy is loosely based on Grandpas dragster from the Munsters TV show.  Unfortunately the most recent ones no longer ahve the skulls but I bought a bunch when they still did .  If I see one cheap at a flea market, I grab it just to get two skulls.  Here's what they look like with a bit of paint detailing!

Cheers

Alan.

Thanks Alan, but a fellow forum member is sending me a skull shifter and flame decals. I'm good.

Gerald 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:40 PM, alan barton said:

That rear three quarter view really sells it for me.  When you get your flames added to the blue paint it will cause instant recognition for most people.

Cheers

Alan

Alan, got the flame decals added and photocopied a license plate.  

P1060516.jpg

P1060517.jpg