Model Cars Magazine Forum

chevy opala

michelle

25 minutes ago, espo said:

Looks like you added some Camaro parts to the front end. I like the Hardtop conversion, makes one wonder why GM didn't do that since it looks so natural. 

no all the parts except the tail lights are from the nova  kit  i just cut the bumpers apart  so they just are the thin  narrow bumpers and moded the lower halfs to the front and back ends so they are part of the body 

16 hours ago, michelle said:

no all the parts except the tail lights are from the nova  kit  i just cut the bumpers apart  so they just are the thin  narrow bumpers and moded the lower halfs to the front and back ends so they are part of the body 

Great idea. I'll have to remember that. 

23 minutes ago, Bob Ellis said:

V8s not used in Brasil because fuel costs too much

yeah i know  i did not have any small blocks v6 or v8s so i just used the  kit engine 
and they did use small block v8s in brazil and argentina    cause the dodge cars had 318s  which were small block v8s 

3 hours ago, michelle said:

yeah i know  i did not have any small blocks v6 or v8s so i just used the  kit engine 
and they did use small block v8s in brazil and argentina    cause the dodge cars had 318s  which were small block v8s 

Chrysler sold Dodge Darts in Brasil with 318s which were the biggest V8 built there. Ford made Brazilian Galaxies with 289-302s. Darts became popular Chargers unti lLee Iococa sold Chrysler Brasil in 1979.

Model Car World sells a resin copy of probably the Amt1964 Chevelle wagon kit. I think it is $10

1 hour ago, Bob Ellis said:

Chrysler sold Dodge Darts in Brasil with 318s which were the biggest V8 built there. Ford made Brazilian Galaxies with 289-302s. Darts became popular Chargers unti lLee Iococa sold Chrysler Brasil in 1979.

Model Car World sells a resin copy of probably the Amt1964 Chevelle wagon kit. I think it is $10

i love the brazillian dodge chargers   and   the agrentinian dodge polaras and dodge gtxs