Model Cars Magazine Forum

MegaFord

This is the predecessor to the Jukebox Ford that Norm Wizner ran in the early days of Pro Mod.

I started with a stock 57 Fairlane body (AMT?) and the Jukebox Ford kit. I heavily modified the body. Opened doors, filled the grille opening, molded in bumpers, added B pillars, on and on and on, I honestly don’t remember everything, I started on this build 20+ years ago! 
I drew up the logo, and had a friend create the Decals from that artwork. The stripes are airbrushed on, as is the grille.

It irritates me and frustrates me, so it gets put away from time to time, but I’m Son the homestretch now...

BE0BF94B-2F26-48F5-9BEA-ED91A503C052.jpeg

E0772076-3AA2-4F76-BAC5-2A93A2FE2C0B.jpeg

76912AF1-5164-43E7-BC27-2E4805CADB27.jpeg

B48D83E5-D233-4CC7-97E7-D3E3D181F655.jpeg

E2B10DF8-C683-4F58-A199-84D4FBCF2E4D.jpeg

C07D8079-C2F0-4584-A24F-AF1BBBB095AB.jpeg

A358D33A-B9B8-4280-8759-8603FA714FC4.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alan barton said:

I do like the pro mods from a time when they still resembled the factory body.  

I feel the same way about resembling factory bodies.  I have several kit bashing projects on my list using Revel 55/57 Sportsman and 55 Jukebox chassis with stock related bodies.

11 hours ago, lordgodbob said:

It irritates me and frustrates me, so it gets put away from time to time, but I’m Son the homestretch now...

I know how you feel.  It often happens to me, as well.  Nice work!  Looking forward to seeing the final product.

WOW I love this!! I have been planing to do the same thing but haven't started yet, just gathered up parts so far.

I'd like to know what body modifications you made but I'm sure if you are like me and it was a long time ago you probably don't remember, I don't even remember what happened a month ago.

57 minutes ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Oh.. this is really nice!

that paint/color combination is fantastic.

The decals? Wonderful. ? 

Can I ask what Red you used? I've been looking into 

shades I like and this one you used looks great?

Testors Italian Red With automotive clear over it. Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, Tedly said:

WOW I love this!! I have been planing to do the same thing but haven't started yet, just gathered up parts so far.

I'd like to know what body modifications you made but I'm sure if you are like me and it was a long time ago you probably don't remember, I don't even remember what happened a month ago.

I can try to list them for you...

front and rear bumpers narrowed and molded in. Front bumper is also mounted upside down. B Pillars added. Trunk opened. Hood resized, front portion of hood molded in.Grille area filled in, headlights molded in. Rear spoiler was scratch built, scoop is from the Jukebox Ford kit. 

there may be more...but that’s what I can think of!

5 hours ago, Force said:

Nice.
There wasn't even a class called Pro Mod back then, these race cars came before that.

Exactly! Top Sportsman, Quick 8, etc. there was an organization called USSC that had absolutely the coolest cars out there. I’ve built a couple from that era, and I have another in the queue...

FBC7D716-7AAD-43DB-96F1-0A3248830F56.jpeg

On 8/6/2020 at 10:04 PM, lordgodbob said:

I can try to list them for you...

front and rear bumpers narrowed and molded in. Front bumper is also mounted upside down. B Pillars added. Trunk opened. Hood resized, front portion of hood molded in.Grille area filled in, headlights molded in. Rear spoiler was scratch built, scoop is from the Jukebox Ford kit. 

there may be more...but that’s what I can think of!

Thanks, That's a big help! 

• 1 year later...