Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 hour ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Wish you well, Rockford on your cataract surgery.  I have had both eyes done and what a difference it made.  I waited about 5 years from one eye to the other but clarity and brilliance of color was fantastic.  

Do you have any bare metal foil or a Molotow pen?  If so put some on the Kenworth emblem on the bottom front of the fenders.  It will make a big difference.  You have done a great job on this build.  Snap kits are fun from time to time!  Keep the tank trailer going! ?

I did the method of foiling the emblem before topcoating. I rubbed the topcoat off and it shows up great in some angles but not in others. I want to wait until I get my eye done and rub it down again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well work has stopped on the trailer because of the weather. The repair work I had to do on the glue deluge meant that I missed the last spell of warm weather for a while, so no spraying possible in my unheated, brick built garage. However, I do have another trailer to do, the ESCI 20ft container trailer so I'm going to start another thread witb that. This will keep me busy for a little while. However, should we get an "Indian summer" as they call it, I may be brave and get the paint out. 

Edited by Rockford

Would you believe today turned out to be beautiful, dry and warm so I bit the bullet and shot the primer on the tank! Came out ok, can't see the glue damage so I'm really relieved. Wednesday will be even better I believe so I'm going to give it a quick run with a scotchbrite pad and make it silver on Wednesday!!!! 

IMG_20201011_154457280.jpg

IMG_20201011_154505107.jpg

Edited by Rockford

Finally finished my tanker and put it behind the T600. Looks great! Tried it behind my other tractors and it looks great even though it's a snap kit. I'm happy with it considering I almost binned it. 

I need to find an easy way of hooking up the airlines and electrical cable. That's being pondered as we speak.

IMG_20201017_200627139.jpg

IMG_20201017_200608368.jpg

IMG_20201017_200514895.jpg

IMG_20201017_200434917.jpg

IMG_20201017_200425920.jpg