Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 -- AMT & MPC Kits for 2021

Casey

• 4 weeks later...

AMT 682 - 1/25 1962 Ford Thunderbird - Limited Edition(??)

AMT 1266 - 1/25 '37 Chevy Coupe "Salt Shaker"

AMT 1262 - 1/25 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1

AMT 1284 - VW Superbug - 1971 Unity Graphics (Coke, Google it...)

AMT 1285 - 1/25 Sandkat Dune Dragster

Edited by Casey

4 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Wasn't too excited until you added that Sandcat Dune Dragster... don't think that kit has been available for some time!

It is the Piranha drag car minus the body, and with the addition of the sand tires. So just this version has not been out for a long time. 

12 hours ago, 250 Testa Rossa said:

I wonder if they are going to bring back the George Barris ZZR or the Astro I. 

I have asked about both. Both were altered and would need retooling. I kinda doubt ewe will see them again. 

10 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

It is the Piranha drag car minus the body, and with the addition of the sand tires. So just this version has not been out for a long time. 

Is it the 2 piece plastic sand tires? Is it too much to hope they tooled up a set of one piece "rubber" tires for this release (that could be used elsewhere too?)

Interesting...the streaker was an altered wheelbase drag version of the '64 Olds convertible kit?   Never actually seen one of that kit. Some of the parts for it seem to be in the reissued convertible kit (like the tonneau cover and chopped windshield).

Edited by Rob Hall

5 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Is it the 2 piece plastic sand tires? Is it too much to hope they tooled up a set of one piece "rubber" tires for this release (that could be used elsewhere too?)

I hope they tooled new tires for it, but those plastic ones are not bad once they are painted up. 

46 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

I want 2-3 of these.......

Me too!  This one had never been on my radar before but since I've seen it mentioned here a couple of times I'd really like one!  That an the Henry J gasser are both kits that I'd like to dig into soon as they're available again

16 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Seen this on FB coming out Aug and the Bruce Larson Vega Pro stock !

183320318_191919702774323_3343443597899287651_n.jpg

183676735_4551972784820106_5490402362052589608_n.jpg

Yes, the Bruce Larson 74 Vega should be out in August but it's the Stock '64 Olds Cutlass 442 - F85 Hardtop not the Streaker AWB that's next.  Unfortunately the AWB chassis for that kit is long gone and would need to be cloned if there's any hope of bringing it back. 

-Steve